CPL General

The article was just updated with the following:

Editors note: In a subsequent email to Sportsnet, the CPL confirmed that in addition to the roster requirements mentioned above by David Clanachan that another rule mandates that a minimum of three domestic players on each team must be under the age of 21 AND those players must play a minimum of 1,000 minutes per season.

That's a bit of a change. Definitely working on development of young players. I think this works as extra push to keep on some of the U-Sports draftees beyond training camp. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

1000 minutes is about 11 complete games each, so that isn't token playing time and means teams are probably best advised to have significantly more than three domestic U-21s on board that can potentially achieve this, so they don't put all their eggs into one basket and create competition for that playing time. The Easton report hasn't been completely forgotten by the looks of things.

23 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

First Elton John, and now Emilio Estevez? Man, CPL's really bringing in the star power. ?

Double standards! To think people were outraged at the possibility of Usain Bolt signing. 

I hear Bono is coming home next... no not Alex the real bono.. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bono/profil/spieler/207834

(Apologies to the elder statesmen and women of the board from bringing up that name from the past)

To me the schedule would be an announcement. MAJOR announcement would be broadcast deal or maybe a title sponsor or some kinda major sponsorship. Hoping for broadcast and hint would be if a media outlet starts to promote the " Major Announcement" and others dont

12 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

To me the schedule would be an announcement. MAJOR announcement would be broadcast deal or maybe a title sponsor or some kinda major sponsorship. Hoping for broadcast and hint would be if a media outlet starts to promote the " Major Announcement" and others dont

How can you make a broadcast deal announcement when the schedule hasn't been released yet? Wouldn't broadcasters want to know when and what they're broadcasting?

Just now, lazlo_80 said:

How can you make a broadcast deal announcement when the schedule hasn't been released yet? Wouldn't broadcasters want to know when and what they're broadcasting?

It would even make more sense to have them have say in the dates and time slots. 

Edited by shamrock

24 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

i've said it before, it's pretty common to announce a broadcast deal prior or with the schedule. Could it be broken up? Sure but it's not as common