CPL General

5 hours ago, Ansem said:

We see Pacific FC are sending Haber out, so that means we could have players from every team. That makes sense for things like kits, but also if you have the opening day decided, you get pics with players of each team in the first fixtures (with an uneven schedule one team would have to repeat to get all the openers in). I doubt they'd have already sorted out full scheduling details with some stadiums being shared.

But for me it is still rather early. I am used to Spain where the schedules are not decided until maybe 6 weeks before the season starts, and they only decide exact times for matches as little as a month before they are played. Right now I see no game in March in Spain has a time and date set. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We see Pacific FC are sending Haber out, so that means we could have players from every team. That makes sense for things like kits, but also if you have the opening day decided, you get pics with players of each team in the first fixtures (with an uneven schedule one team would have to repeat to get all the openers in). I doubt they'd have already sorted out full scheduling details with some stadiums being shared.

But for me it is still rather early. I am used to Spain where the schedules are not decided until maybe 6 weeks before the season starts, and they only decide exact times for matches as little as a month before they are played. Right now I see no game in March in Spain has a time and date set. 

Could you go to Roberts thread and tell him this??  For all our sakes..

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Could you go to Roberts thread and tell him this??  For all our sakes..

Actually,, comparing how scheduling is done between leagues in a thread 354 pages long is not the sort of thing most Voyageurs are asking to be saved from. Let me explain, since you did not get it: in Spain, and other major leagues, they don't put out schedules that early, which suggests that there is no essential reason to have to do so in the new CPL for any particular reason. The argument that you need a schedule for people to commit to buying tickets could be, as a possible logical consequence, falacious. 

Just block me if such things are too much for you to get your head around. 95% of posters on the board actually understand the logic of those arguing a point here on the basis of a comparison.

Edit: (don't read this @Bison44 it'll give you an aneurism): I just checked that the CFL schedule was released before Xmas, so that would give all teams the possibility to in fact be able to decide on preferable home dates. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This burned me when I was in Logrono and San Sebastien a couple years ago. Wanted to see a Osasuna or Real Sociedad match, but the week before the date changed for the Osasuna match and the time changed for the Sociedad match. Hopefully, we don't see fixture changes to the same degree.

Edited by HfxCeltic

15 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Surely it must be broadcast info. What other info could be considered major?

It won’t be the kits as already confirmed by DC.  I see from a picture a fan has posted they have CPL balls with Volkswagen logo on them.

2 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Could it be that the league is announcing the new name to be the Volkswagen CPL? Honestly I wouldn’t mind a title sponsor at all if it puts more $ in the league.

Bingo. If the Hyundai A-League is good enough for the Aussies, then the Volkswagen Canadian Premier League is good enough for me. I'd still be a bit disappointed at not knowing the broadcasting rights/schedule arrangement, but this would still be pretty big news and a win for the league.

Edited by m-g-williams

23 minutes ago, Keegan said:

It won’t be the kits as already confirmed by DC.  I see from a picture a fan has posted they have CPL balls with Volkswagen logo on them.

Volkswagen would be big sponsor. However I really hope this announcement is more than just that. Also...not a fan of the design of those balls...

Edited by mpg_29

5 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Volkswagen would be big sponsor. However I really hope this announcement is more than just that. Also...not a fan of the design of those balls...

Yea it has to be more with all teams bringing reps.  Wouldn’t make sense to just take a picture in front of a VW logo. 

3 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Two-second rant: As much as I love the simplicity of Cavalry's logo, it's drives me nuts that they can't make up their damn minds about which version to use. Red with white lines, white with red lines, green with white lines, white with green lines - bloody hell, pick ONE and stick with it as your primary crest. Use the others sparingly to shake things up now and then, but for God's sake be consistent.

6 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Two-second rant: As much as I love the simplicity of Cavalry's logo, it's drives me nuts that they can't make up their damn minds about which version to use. Red with white lines, white with red lines, green with white lines, white with green lines - bloody hell, pick ONE and stick with it as your primary crest. Use the others sparingly to shake things up now and then, but for God's sake be consistent.

not everyone can be heavy metal....like forge the best branded team. *slow heavy metal music plays*

serious the battalion needs to rebrandinto a black/sludge metal outfit.

Edited by matty