Jacob Shaffelburg

Big_M

Pretty cool views from Apple at the end there during the handshakes.  First had Suarez hugging and laughing with MacNaughton and then panned right over to Sergio what I can only assume complimenting Shaffelburg’s goals.  
A few extra eyes would have been on this game tonight and Shaffelburg left an impression.  
Messi 1 goal - Suarez - 1 goal - Shaffelburg - 2 goals

Edited by Corazon

My team for T and 

1- Borjan

2 Johnston

3 Layrea 

4 Vitoria 

5 Miller 

6 Fraser 

7 Buchanan 

8 Eustaquio

9 David 

10 Colyn 

11 Shaffenburg 

Why I'm always  right about footie?   Because I'm world champion babyyy.  I know this game by heart and how to gel a 11 with different characteristics of footballers.

Lampard Gerrard never worked because they were the same dude twice 

Voller and Klinsmann worked because Voller was a dribbler and fox in the box the most Argentinian German player ever,  and Klinsmann was a speedster from the flanks like Cannigia 

Wow. Shaf is a great player, but what a pair of strikes in an important game with Suarez, Messi and Busquets on the other side.

As much as I favour him, he would not have been in my squad for T&T for no other reason than other options available. But this gives me pause. He seems to excel in big moments. Let's see if he keeps it up. Great goals. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

That second one was especially great. Kid’s out there outdueling Messi looking like a young blond Kenny powers. Could have himself a breakout year. 

For sure. I watched the highlights, and Shaf created other dangerous opportunities -- including a cross that ended with a shot cleared off the line. Nashville also had a goal called back late, which would have made it 3-1. 

43 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

For sure. I watched the highlights, and Shaf created other dangerous opportunities -- including a cross that ended with a shot cleared off the line. Nashville also had a goal called back late, which would have made it 3-1. 

One of those guys where the eye test and the stat sheet don’t compute. If you knew nothing about him before last night, you’d think he’s one of the best players in MLS, then you see his numbers, and they’re only okay. But between this, his goal against the US, he’s really a guy who shows up for big games. If he plays like this consistently, Nashville could go all the way this year. They have a great team. 

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

One of those guys where the eye test and the stat sheet don’t compute. If you knew nothing about him before last night, you’d think he’s one of the best players in MLS, then you see his numbers, and they’re only okay. But between this, his goal against the US, he’s really a guy who shows up for big games. If he plays like this consistently, Nashville could go all the way this year. They have a great team. 

I felt Nashville didn't play him enough in the 2nd half of the season last year

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

I felt Nashville didn't play him enough in the 2nd half of the season last year

I didn’t keep an eye on every game, but wasn’t he just in and out of the starting lineup all throughout last year? Feel like it was always unpredictable whether he’d start or not. 

8 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

My team for T and 

1- Borjan

2 Johnston

3 Layrea 

4 Vitoria 

5 Miller 

6 Fraser 

7 Buchanan 

8 Eustaquio

9 David 

10 Colyn 

11 Shaffenburg 

Why I'm always  right about footie?   Because I'm world champion babyyy.  I know this game by heart and how to gel a 11 with different characteristics of footballers.

Lampard Gerrard never worked because they were the same dude twice 

Voller and Klinsmann worked because Voller was a dribbler and fox in the box the most Argentinian German player ever,  and Klinsmann was a speedster from the flanks like Cannigia 

Gladiator GIF

11 hours ago, Shway said:

There is no reason to bring the old guard. 

Form is everything.

He might be one of those "surprises" as a call up you alluded to in the T&T thread?  Josh Simpson-style direct winger on the left.

I still get this feeling that Holliet will be included in the squad by Biello for this one now that he has his club situation sorted out.