Jacob Shaffelburg

Big_M

Looking back on that video, and I think his goal and Davies are genuine candidates for the best GOAL. Considering the magnitude of those games.......and all the rest imo are goal sequences. Considering the majority of the nominees - the "wow" factor was before the goal was scored (aka the assist) is the reason why it made it to the top 10. But it was a great finish, or great individual goal like Shaff.

I also I realized this, I had a quick revelation that showed me 2023 was a really disappointing year for Canada Soccer. We didn't have much to be proud about considering the 2022 high we were on for both programs.

These highlights were a desperate display of it. Here's to hoping 2024 is revolutionary.

9 hours ago, Shway said:

I also I realized this, I had a quick revelation that showed me 2023 was a really disappointing year for Canada Soccer. We didn't have much to be proud about considering the 2022 high we were on for both programs.

These highlights were a desperate display of it. Here's to hoping 2024 is revolutionary.

"My Goodness Borjan and Vitoria can't stop a goal at the death from Trinidad and it's 2-1 with no time left to play! The Soca Warriors are going to Copa America"

This board:

image.jpeg.5a3551e6b555ca70add9e4f0c1e02010.jpeg

Yeah I think the number of calls Shaffleburg gets is just about right given the other players in the pool and his own exploits. Great depth player for us to have in the National Team, but I want to see him jump a level from here before he's a regular call up.

That might be harder now that Nashville recently acquired Tyler Boyd. If the name sounds familiar it's because Boyd is the former teammate of Cyle Larin at Besiktas. If you recall years ago, early in Cyle's Besiktas days, the club had too many forigeners and had to choose between Boyd and Larin who they'd axe from the roster. Well as it were they chose to keep Cyle and axe Boyd, and Cyle rewarded them for their decision. Meanwhile, Boyd had to sit on the sidelines for a spell, then eventually went out on loan elsewhere in Turkey. He did well but he never quite got himself up and running at Besiktas and ultimately left Europe to join the LA Galaxy.

The Galaxy fans seem to be upset they lost him, he's very much a direct wide player but with more dribbling ability and some affinity for a banger from distance.

At 29 years old he's still in his prime so that's a direct competitor for Jacob. Fafa is still with the club so it'll be interesting if they all share minutes or if one of them moves on. There were rumors a while back about Schaff leaving, no?

Edited by Obinna

17 hours ago, Shway said:

You're right, all I could think of were "these were the goals of the year?"  I wouldn't say 2023 was a great year but I am hopeful that a confident Kone and Millar will translate to the NT.  Also Buchanan going to Serie A will have a positive effect on the others.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That was originally given as an own goal and then changed to his goal. 100% an own goal - it wasn’t even headed on target. 

Tad bit more of a deflection than his Gold Cup goal.