Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

36 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Link an article if you can find one. I like hearing about these cases.

The best scouting in Spain is from Monchi at Sevilla. Real Sociedad is very good, as is Villareal. But Monchi, Ramón Rodríguez Verdejo, has been the best TD/scout in Spain and one of the world's best for over 20 years. Equally impressive, he started just when his playing career ended, in his early 30s.

Brentford famously got rid of their Academy a few years ago claiming they were a waste of money.

However they are bringing it back now due to some new EPL rule

As per the athletic, NF have now spent more than every EPL team aside from a Chelsea, have already effectively spent their projected TV budget for this season, only 3 of their starters have been on the team longer than 8 weeks.

I’m bad at sports math, but I wonder if a reason they didn’t include a buy clause in the TFC transfer is that when next summer comes around and the financial fair play rules come around to haunt them, they have a very cheap player who is good enough to play in the World Cup and start for an MLS team as a worst case scenario if they can’t go out and burn even more money.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny as hell.     He needs to go to here: 

Acting | The Juilliard School

PS.:  Oh by the way.  this one is for all those people out there who would like to see VAR eliminated.  Next time someone says,  that they would like to go back to "No VAR", we will just have to show this video and possibility,  that someone could have gotten sent off 

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

Funny as hell.     He needs to go to here: 

Acting | The Juilliard School

PS.:  Oh by the way.  this one is for all those people out there who would like to see VAR eliminated.  Next time someone says,  that they would like to go back to "No VAR", we will just have to show this video and possibility,  that someone could have gotten sent off 

Except I have seen VAR used to confirm that a player touched an opponent's cheek with his hand, so a red card was given after review. I feel like that even happened a couple times in MLS.

In the same game as that Chicharito game, the VAR ref wanted MacNaughton to get a red card for kicking a ball away and almost certainly accidentally hitting a player (who then dramatically fell to the ground).

My son and I were laughing our asses off at this....but in a 8 year old/grade 2 way he says are you sure Lareya wasnt pinching him.  He shows me how the bullies do it at school and WHAMMO....I was transported back to the early 70's and older guys twisting the skin on the back of your arm.   The teachers never caught them them and they were called horsefly bites.  I even remember doing the little dance trying to get away as the older guy pinched my arm. Richie might have gotten away with something.  

If any player did pinching of Chicharito’s nipple it would be Bradley unless Richie’s hands suddenly switched colour, but I think the only dirty play was the foul by Chicharito on Bradley that wasn’t called that started the fray. Heck, that was more yellow worthy and dirty than the innocuous play that VAR tried to red card McNaughton for (which even the guys doing MLS instant replay are bewildered about)

4 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

If any player did pinching of Chicharito’s nipple it would be Bradley unless Richie’s hands suddenly switched colour, but I think the only dirty play was the foul by Chicharito on Bradley that wasn’t called that started the fray. Heck, that was more yellow worthy and dirty than the innocuous play that VAR tried to red card McNaughton for (which even the guys doing MLS instant replay are bewildered about)

The Chicharito foul was called. No yellow given, but a foul was called. Definitely a dirty play.

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

My son and I were laughing our asses off at this....but in a 8 year old/grade 2 way he says are you sure Lareya wasnt pinching him.  He shows me how the bullies do it at school and WHAMMO....I was transported back to the early 70's and older guys twisting the skin on the back of your arm.   The teachers never caught them them and they were called horsefly bites.  I even remember doing the little dance trying to get away as the older guy pinched my arm. Richie might have gotten away with something.  

You might be right. The left hand on the arm may have just been misdirection. I just rewatched it and his right hand might be grabbing Chicharito in the back or something. He looks like he lets go just as Chicharito drops to the ground. No sympathy from me though if that's what happened. If Richie was twisting some flesh it would hurt while it's happening, but what Chicharito did to Bradley could have had him miss several games if he landed wrong.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, InglewoodJack said:

It's a good thing that Forest have spent 157 million pounds on transfers this summer- had they kept Laryea, they might've gotten beat 8-0 instead of 6-0 last night!

People who talked up the level of the Championship and portrayed it as a huge step up for Richie Laryea hopefully have had bit of a reality check. Bournemouth losing 9-0 recently was another example of how huge the difference in quality is once you move beyond the Champions League regulars who recruit players globally and reach a level that depends more heavily on players from the UK.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Nottingham Forest blow a 2-0 lead against almighty Bouremouth, proving they've bought a top class defensive line and have it honed to hold tight, for the year in EPL 

At this point I really hope Forest get relegated based on the way they were treating Richie and not giving him a chance.

8 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

People who talked up the level of the Championship and portrayed it as a huge step up for Richie Laryea hopefully have had bit of a reality check. Bournemouth losing 9-0 recently was another example of how huge the difference in quality is once you move beyond the Champions League regulars who recruit players globally and reach a level that depends more heavily on players from the UK.

That’s less of an indictment of newly promoted clubs and more of a consequence of City being a billion dollar club. I think that also tied a premier league win margin record, so it isn’t like it’s something that happens every week. It’s still early but Fulham is two points out of Europe and Bournemouth sits at 13th.

7 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s less of an indictment of newly promoted clubs and more of a consequence of City being a billion dollar club. I think that also tied a premier league win margin record, so it isn’t like it’s something that happens every week. It’s still early but Fulham is two points out of Europe and Bournemouth sits at 13th.

Bournemouth lost 9-nil to Liverpool, not City.