Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bigandy said:

This is such a silly take and speaks to a complete lack of understanding of how stats/scores work. 

Oso is #2 for xA, 3rd for xG, 2nd for chances created, 2nd for possessions won in the final 3rd. His rating is more to do with his attacking contributions than running the most. He isnt a guy whos best quality is how much he runs either so just a nonsense take. 

However, I am not defending oso by saying hes fantastic. I'm saying that if you're building the TFC squad, you would never say "Wow oso is statistically one of our best players. Akinola is one of our strikers. The problem is Oso." 

These are just opinions so to say Im completely wrong is too arrogant for me. However, I would go on a limb and say 98% of fans would want to solve the striker position rather than oso. 

I could care less on what Oso’s stats are. I judge what I see on the field. Again, on Saturday Oso was mediocre. All TFC needs to do is get there scouts now to Argentina and start looking for real #10 to displace this guy. I’m talking about someone between the levels of an Acosta and Dybala. Scout now to reserve the player’s services for next year. By then the DP spot will open up and TFC will be free of other bad player contracts by the year’s end.

Edited by anthony7

14 hours ago, anthony7 said:

I could care less on what Oso’s stats are. I judge what I see on the field. Again, on Saturday Oso was mediocre. All TFC needs to do is get there scouts now to Argentina and start looking for real #10 to displace this guy. I’m talking about someone between the levels of an Acosta and Dybala. Scout now to reserve the player’s services for next year. By then the DP spot will open up and TFC will be free of other bad player contracts by the year’s end.

JAVIER...is that you?

21 hours ago, anthony7 said:

Right.... Lets sign Dybala for 1.4 mil a year.... if only oso wasnt on the payroll then we could afford 1/10 of dybala.... 

Perhaps you are not watching the matches correctly if the player who is creating the most attacking play (other than the italians) is considered mediocre. 

Again, my point is that as a TFC fan, you should want herdman to find a striker before dealing with shipping out Oso. Massive holes in the roster so dumping your captain who is the  most experienced player and arguably the most consistent of your attackers when you consider how the italians play/injury record, seems like a recipe for disaster.  

BTW: Herdman doesnt really use a system for a typical "10". The 10 is a dying breed. Guys like foden, odegaard and silva are much more dynamic than guys like ozil. 

Actually TFC arent in a bad situation as far as I am concerned.  3rd in east, even with the injuries.  Scoring is coming (Owusu, Bernidechi, Spicer etc), shooting our wad on a striker isnt that crucial.  Lareya gets healthy, mb Insigne comes back (i dont really expect to have more than 1 italian playing well at a time), the whole offense looks better, which makes the defense look better etc etc.  I dont think they need to play through the middle, the wingers create the chances,  one of the  strikers finds space, knocks in some crosses, mids make late runs into the box and we'll get enough goals to stay in a playoff spot.  Which is where we should have been last year except for the gong show collapse that Bradley led us into.  

42 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Actually TFC arent in a bad situation as far as I am concerned.  3rd in east, even with the injuries.  Scoring is coming (Owusu, Bernidechi, Spicer etc), shooting our wad on a striker isnt that crucial.  Lareya gets healthy, mb Insigne comes back (i dont really expect to have more than 1 italian playing well at a time), the whole offense looks better, which makes the defense look better etc etc.  I dont think they need to play through the middle, the wingers create the chances,  one of the  strikers finds space, knocks in some crosses, mids make late runs into the box and we'll get enough goals to stay in a playoff spot.  Which is where we should have been last year except for the gong show collapse that Bradley led us into.  

100% agree with all of this.  However, I think its largely down to herdman building a team based game to compensate for some roster holes. Guys like longstaff help plug the holes but on paper, its a bit lopsided of a squad. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, reggietfc said:

according to herdman he may be back next week.so he may get the canada call up

Didn't Herdman pull a fast one with Osorio claiming he was hurt so he didn't join CANMNT last window?  I can see the same thing playing out this time with Laryea.  It'd suck and not sure Laryea would play along.

16 hours ago, costarg said:

Didn't Herdman pull a fast one with Osorio claiming he was hurt so he didn't join CANMNT last window?  I can see the same thing playing out this time with Laryea.  It'd suck and not sure Laryea would play along.

Osorio missed the TFC game immediately beforehand (March 16 at NYC), so I'm not sure Herdman "pulled a fast one" as much as it was just a minor injury. Unless Herdman and Osorio were really committed to the bit.