Scott Arfield

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's a very good signing by Rangers; they need more leaders like Arfield in their side and hopefully, he will be able to provide that role in support of Stevie G...says me through gritted teeth.

Time for Millar to be loan out to the Rangers 

Oh i can’t wait to hear , Arfield to Millar ... GOAL !!!!!! 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I don’t think goalies should be captains as you want someone who is able to control the team at all points in the game whether attacking or defending. It’s also hard for a GK to talk to the ref about calls or cards.

I'll never understand this argument. 

BTW, the 2010 and 2018 World Cup winners had goalkeepers as captain (Lloris and Casillas) and I'm pretty sure I can find many more examples at the highest of clubs or NT level. Buffon would be another one with Juventus and Italy.

As for the MNT, whoever is the more respected between Arfield and Borjan should be our captain IMO.

4 hours ago, aloyol said:

I'll never understand this argument. 

BTW, the 2010 and 2018 World Cup winners had goalkeepers as captain (Lloris and Casillas) and I'm pretty sure I can find many more examples at the highest of clubs or NT level. Buffon would be another one with Juventus and Italy.

As for the MNT, whoever is the more respected between Arfield and Borjan should be our captain IMO.

Keepers make fine captains. Anyone who's ever played at any sort of competitive level knows that from experience.

I suppose it's the fact that your captain is your most respected player and a team plays with a special confidence when the most respected player is the man keeping the ball out of your net.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have a huge problem with him being left off our CNL squad, there is no questioning his commitment, he is just returning from an injury in our last camp and most importantly we have depth in the midfield! I suppose if this was against a stronger opponent I may feel differently, not that St. Kitts away might not be tricky!