45 minutes ago, Footscray said:

I like the SPL but man it's a big step down from going to places like Manchester and Liverpool to St. Mirren and Hamilton, those would be div 2 teams in England.  Aberdeen Hibs and Hearts are reasonable size but I would say more of a english div 1 standard.  Celtic probably a middling championship level squad. 

Subjective but not great for CMNT fans in my opinion.  Rangers seems to be outspending their revenues and recording big losses every year again too, I know they are betting that they need to spend big to get back to the top and revenues will follow but that's not a situation I'd have coached him into pursuing if I were his agent.

Celtic could easily be in the prem in my opinion or at the bare minimum be in the playoffs every year in the championship 

I wish he was in the prem, but playing time is HUGE for me from a CMNT perspective.

The majority, if not all of CMNT competition does not compare to the level of the BPL.

If you look at this move from a reverse perspective, his role should be to dominate and BOSS the game with his club, essentially he will/should have a very similar role for us when he suits up for the CMNT. 

Who knows, they may even move him to a more central role, he's shown he can play there and I'm pro a midfield triangle of Piette-Osorio-Arfield. 

On 2018-05-07 at 8:39 PM, SkuseisLoose said:

Celtic could easily be in the prem in my opinion or at the bare minimum be in the playoffs every year in the championship 

7-1 against PSG says no

13 minutes ago, jordan said:

7-1 against PSG says no

Cavanni Neymar Mbappe beats 3/4ths of the prem 7-0 any given day. Lets also not forget that Rangers spending means Celtic has to spend more to stay dominant. You can see the difference in the SPL since Rangers have come back, most of the top half clubs are bringing in better players. 

28 minutes ago, BradMack said:

Cavanni Neymar Mbappe beats 3/4ths of the prem 7-0 any given day. Lets also not forget that Rangers spending means Celtic has to spend more to stay dominant. You can see the difference in the SPL since Rangers have come back, most of the top half clubs are bringing in better players. 

I watch the SPL 38 weeks a year, this ain’t lasting 

On 5/8/2018 at 9:03 PM, BradMack said:

When I saw "Cavanni Neymar Mbappe" I thought that maybe Cannigia Elva just had a son. 

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's a very good signing by Rangers; they need more leaders like Arfield in their side and hopefully, he will be able to provide that role in support of Stevie G...says me through gritted teeth.

Time for Millar to be loan out to the Rangers 

Oh i can’t wait to hear , Arfield to Millar ... GOAL !!!!!! 

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Time for Millar to be loan out to the Rangers 

Oh i can’t wait to hear , Arfield to Millar ... GOAL !!!!!! 

Can just take the E of all the Kenny miller jerseys

16 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I don’t think goalies should be captains as you want someone who is able to control the team at all points in the game whether attacking or defending. It’s also hard for a GK to talk to the ref about calls or cards.

I'll never understand this argument. 

BTW, the 2010 and 2018 World Cup winners had goalkeepers as captain (Lloris and Casillas) and I'm pretty sure I can find many more examples at the highest of clubs or NT level. Buffon would be another one with Juventus and Italy.

As for the MNT, whoever is the more respected between Arfield and Borjan should be our captain IMO.

4 hours ago, aloyol said:

I'll never understand this argument. 

BTW, the 2010 and 2018 World Cup winners had goalkeepers as captain (Lloris and Casillas) and I'm pretty sure I can find many more examples at the highest of clubs or NT level. Buffon would be another one with Juventus and Italy.

As for the MNT, whoever is the more respected between Arfield and Borjan should be our captain IMO.

Keepers make fine captains. Anyone who's ever played at any sort of competitive level knows that from experience.

I suppose it's the fact that your captain is your most respected player and a team plays with a special confidence when the most respected player is the man keeping the ball out of your net.