Scott Arfield

Edwards did make 3 appearances before Herdman took over as a youngish "potential" type call up when he was a exciting winger for TFC circa 2017.  I think the program quickly moved past him, (Buchanon, laryea, Adekugbe, Johnston) took over or appeared after he got his caps, and Davies moved to LB.  But as a fairly steady MLS performer he should be in the mix for call ups, which I think he has been, it just hasnt lined up for him.

I'm curious as to where we heard it was an Arfield/Edwards dust up?  Is this something new thats come out now that people can actually be honest about what was going on under Herdman??    

I will say that to me Canada's real "coming out party" on the CONCACAF stage was the 2-0 win over USA in Toronto in October of 2019.  Arfield had a fantastic game that day btw.  Anyways, I've mentioned this once before years ago on this forum, Arfield was front row and centre of the after-party that night.  I don't know about any fights before or after that game and what that could have meant to the team dynamic but he was absolutely was one of the guys in the middle of the party that night and surrounded by all our regular favourites on this team.

• 6 months later...
On 9/8/2023 at 2:48 PM, Corazon said:

I will say that to me Canada's real "coming out party" on the CONCACAF stage was the 2-0 win over USA in Toronto in October of 2019.  Arfield had a fantastic game that day btw.  Anyways, I've mentioned this once before years ago on this forum, Arfield was front row and centre of the after-party that night.  I don't know about any fights before or after that game and what that could have meant to the team dynamic but he was absolutely was one of the guys in the middle of the party that night and surrounded by all our regular favourites on this team.

Yeah, that was it for me as well. He captained the squad beautifully. I’m lucky to have been there… especially after watching Canada before ‘86, through the INEX year, etc. 

He’s looking like a late sub these days (better for Rangers than Charlotte where I don’t think he is a clear fit yet) but that’s what happens when you’re pushing 36.