Scott Arfield

5 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I did notice the stadium as well and agree. 

And Rangers fans belting out God Save the Queen at the end.

But to my actual point - Arfield was good and generally clean going forward but completely vital defensively: on the the cover, with defensive headers etc.  Helped hold them in when one goal would have put them out. 

Playing with Burnley in the Premier League will give you that.

52 minutes ago, El Diego said:

He's a very smart player, he understands where the ball is going to go based on how the opposition's body is shaped, the spin of the ball, etc. One of those guys that just inherently understands the game.

Yeah, we are lucky to have him.  He is not blessed with amazing physical gifts and that's why he has been a bit player at the highest level but the fact that he has been there means he has used what he has very well.  Reminds me of Mark Noble at my club, not that that would mean much to many (Mark takes a better penalty.)  Our next generation can learn a lot from him. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

6 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Rangers get Leverkusen in the next round of the Europa League.

Could be easier.

Pretty tough match up. Rangers are firmly underdogs in this one. Would be a big accomplishment if they were to get past Leverkusen.

Arfield and Davies are the last Canadian players left in European competition. 

Edited by Obinna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Wait, I thought Scotty was declining??  We dont have a lot of other mids that can pull off skill like that, getting older or not.  

His decline was caused by personal issues but it looks like he's gotten over them and getting back to his spot. He still has all the tools to get to where he was and even surpass it. 

Good, if we are to make 2022, we need him at his best bossing the midfield 

Scott Arfield reveals personal trauma which has sharpened his hunger

https://www.google.com/amp/s/plzsoccer.com/latest-news/scott-arfield-reveals-personal-trauma-which-has-sharpened-his-hunger/amp/

Screenshot_20200920-135355_Chrome.jpg.36ff4f58abf7b53156b9ceb656d287cf.jpg

Edited by Ansem

• 2 weeks later...

In the press conference before today's Europa league fixture, Scotty was singled out by Gerrard for his excellent performances over the past few weeks. He'll have to keep playing well if he wants to keep his place in the squad though as Jack and Barker are back from injury.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrards-rangers-press-conference-22767348

33 minutes ago, sloth8 said:

In the press conference before today's Europa league fixture, Scotty was singled out by Gerrard for his excellent performances over the past few weeks. He'll have to keep playing well if he wants to keep his place in the squad though as Jack and Barker are back from injury.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrards-rangers-press-conference-22767348

Barker is not a threat to Arfield playing.