The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

53 minutes ago, costarg said:

Is he really only 32 still?  So strange how Vitoria is already 35, yet Hoilett is only 32.  Either way, I feel he plays older on the pitch.

because of the position they play. 

20 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Noticed the same. He’s left quite the impression to be getting this much supporter-love on social media.

Ever since I discovered how much the fans at Bremen loved Stalteri, and also with Bunbury, who was known simply as Alex at Maritimo, I've noticed that our players are usually quite popular when they play abroad.  

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, archer21 said:

He is still so good. Doesn’t have to pace to pull away but his close control is elite. And probably the best long shot in our squad. He’ll play a big part for us in Qatar.

Agreed. Often over-looked a bit by some of our fanbase as “just a depth piece” but for me, v high footballing IQ + ball control + threat from distance is something we don’t have excess of in our squad. 

On 7/23/2022 at 5:00 PM, archer21 said:

He is still so good. Doesn’t have to pace to pull away but his close control is elite. And probably the best long shot in our squad. He’ll play a big part for us in Qatar.

What an era we're in when we might be saying "We need that late game push for a goal. Who's on the bench? Junior Hoilett? Perfect."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, costarg said:

That honour and position was meant for Laryea, even they know it.  That's why they gave it to another Canadian.

I honestly never thought I'd see Hoilett play and succeed as a WB.  Glad to be proven wrong.

I believe he's actually only played wingback once of the 5 games this season so far.  Likely just a "new standard" Best 11, where the committee fits in 6 attackers with a couple midfielders and defenders.