The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

Meant to post this yesterday. 

Let's have some more drooling over this. Fucking, unreal

I saw the replay this morning for the first time from the TV angle, Junior has some underrated skill. Something about his dribbling and close control is something not too many of our guys have. I love the pass to cap it off too.

1 minute ago, Bdog said:

I saw the replay this morning for the first time from the TV angle, Junior has some underrated skill. Something about his dribbling and close control is something not too many of our guys have. I love the pass to cap it off too.

I was lucky enough to watch him a couple of times live when he was at Blackburn. He was unplayable back then. Lightning quick, amazingly skilled and a hell of a shot. Shame he lost most of that pace by the time he committed to Canada. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Though there were multiple brilliant performances last night I thought Junior was right up there as MOTM...so I felt justified when I saw fotmob's ratings. The guy really does deserve a lot of shine especially when you consider his signing on to CMNT when things weren't so bright. He was extraordinary last night.

Screenshot_20220328-160008.thumb.jpg.a74cfcf48b8f51dbfb0838409e195baf.jpg

17 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Though there were multiple brilliant performances last night I thought Junior was right up there as MOTM...so I felt justified when I saw fotmob's ratings. The guy really does deserve a lot of shine especially when you consider his signing on to CMNT when things weren't so bright. He was extraordinary last night.

You're right on, meant to come on here and say the same thing, but i kept getting distracted by other threads.  This guy really know how to pull the strings in the attack.  He also brought on another dimension of attack vs Costa Rica, even though it didn't produce a goal.  This man has been a beast for us, so grateful he joined when he did.

1 hour ago, PegCityCam said:

This is not a comment on your take but I really can't take those ratings seriously considering fotmob couldn't even get the positions right.

He was one of our best attackers this past window and certainly a game changer anytime he was on the pitch through qualifying. With all the talk about some of our young guys having a coming out party at the World Cup, I think he is being overlooked to get a potential move. 

I also have no idea if he wants to leave England for another European country. I know there was mention of him coming to MLS at some point.

I feel with fewer games in a top flight league it would be easier on him and he could thrive in a league like Seria A or Ligue 1, possibly La Liga. These leagues are also less physical and more technical than the Championship.

I think our team needs one of Osorio or Hoilett on the field at all times. I think failing to start either hurt us last night. 

Both players have different styles of play, but both perform an important function for the team: controlling the tempo. 

I love Eustaquio, he's great in possession and is very reliable and consistent, but he doesn't really control the tempo in the way Osorio does.

Same with Hoilett, he gets on the ball and knows when to carry the ball and hold the ball, when to play forward, and this is why he's a tempo setter for us. 

Eustaquio is excellent at playing the ball forward to feet early before the space closes down, but he doesn't really hold onto the ball to let space and play develop. At least I haven't noticed it like in the other two players. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...