The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

The score is ugly but the result is no surprise.  Fulham is a premier league quality team that was able to keep several high profile players after relegation.  Currently in 2nd but with a game in hand, can/should move back to top of the table.

Just take a quick peek at their lineup today.  It included players such as Aleksander Mitrovic, Fabio Carvalho, Harry Wilson, Tom Cairney, Antonee Robinson, Tim Ream, Kenny Tete.

Bobby Reid & Nathaniel Chalobah came off the bench.

Michael Hector & Paolo Gazzaniga remained on the bench.

Anthony Knockaert, Terence Kongolo, Ivan Cavaleiro, Jean Seri, Alfie Mawson, Cyrus Christie & Steven Sessegnon are players not even included in today's game day roster.

There are probably thousands of premier league games of experience from above and hundreds of international caps from countries England, Scotland, Wales, Netherlands, Serbia, Jamaica, USA, Portugal, Ireland & Ivory Coast.

Edited by Corazon

On 1/15/2022 at 3:28 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Jesus.  This window is starting to look like one giant banana peel.   Hopefully the healthy remainder can get the job done.  

Next round is going to test our depth, pluck, and ability to grind out results.  A great opportunity for a bunch of guys to step up and grow.

1 hour ago, GasPed said:

Honestly, that hamstring of his is as fragile as single-ply TP.  It's sad, but it may be the thing that forces him to call it a day.  🥺

💯 I've lost track of the number of times he's injured it in game, pulled up lame during a Canada match favouring it, or even blew it in training. He's missed the last 5 Ocho games cause of it only to come back for a couple of games and blow it again?? I feel for the guy and we desperately need him but it's getting Altidore-esque where you sadly expect he's likely to be injured and might be pleasantly surprised when he's not. 

7 minutes ago, PastPros said:

HUGE news.

I still not sure he will be on the roster, even if healthy.  Wheeler noted some players may be left off due to vaccination status and there are unanswered questions as to why he wasn’t on the roster in Mexico.  Although, Wheeler did note injured players are returning?  One interesting piece of the roster release atleast 😄

Edited by trc2014

Played 20 minutes including stoppage time. Looked fine to me although the commentator dogged him for not running hard enough and “toiling” on one occasion..I didn’t really notice that though.

I assume he will have limited availability over the window but this is positive news.  Maybe he’s a sub in 2 of 3 matches - probably not ready to be a starter

Edited by Floortom

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don’t know if he is vaccinated but if he is still not, he couldn’t play the home game I don’t believe.

Quite honestly I’m not sure someone with the hamstring issues he has has should be playing in that cold match anyways….I don’t think he would be available for all three matches regardless so if he needs to miss the home match then so be it

• 2 weeks later...