Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

3 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

As a TFC fan, I am stoked. 

As a CanMNT fan, I am horrified. Get ready for some dark years again.

Idk I think he's much more of an international manager than club manager. He's an excellent motivator and manager of players but tactically he has never really shone. Hope I'm wrong though I'd like my trips to BMO to be less depressing.

Biello will end up being the full time hire.

Let's be real, with the money the CSA have to offer and the amount of public bullshit there is between the federation and the players, it's not the most attractive job offer for strong coaching candidates (and prospective dual nationals for that matter)

Just now, Big_M said:

Also departing Canada Soccer will be Assistant Coaches Simon Eaddy and Eric Tenllado, Lead Scout, Alex Dodgshon, and Head of Performance, Dr. Cesar Meylan.

Canada Soccer also announced today that Mauro Biello has been appointed to serve as interim Head Coach. Biello has served as an Assistant Coach with the Men’s National Team since March 2018. Herdman will work with Biello through the month of September to ensure a seamless transition.  

The search for the new Men’s National Team Head Coach will begin immediately.

4 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Let's be real, with the money the CSA have to offer and the amount of public bullshit there is between the federation and the players, it's not the most attractive job offer for strong coaching candidates (and prospective dual nationals for that matter)

Probably, but Smyrniotis is my favourite realistic pick here. I would hope that the CSA acknowledges the locker room struggles and gives the players a coach that many already like and support. Knowing the CSA is going to do the opposite of what they should do every time, that won't happen, but if a relatively inexperienced Herdman can lead us this far, Bobby at least has good club experience and could probably get the players to more or less buy in, and probably wouldn't be so expensive.

9 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Ryan Reynolds Insult GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

19 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Hahahahahahaha I so called this.  

Can't wait to see how people try to rationalize in a couple years time that Herdman leaving was a good thing 😂😂

Edited by Ally McCoist

24 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

As a TFC fan, I am stoked. 

Very confident that he will help the sinking TFC ship fairly quickly, he's a great fit right now.

However, I'm extremely confident that it will not last very long.  It will become very predictable.  Brym at '60.

3 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Hahahahahahaha I so called this.  

Can't wait to see how people try to rationalize in a couple years time that Herdman leaving was a good thing 😂😂

Lets meet back here in 2 years shall we?  We'll compare the different fates.

I'll take Biello's turtle over Herdman's rabbit in this one.

Edited by costarg