Next CanMNT manager (Herdman to TFC)

Atlantic

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

Marsch was making $3M+ at Leeds. I have to think he would only entertain the Canada job as an absolute worst case scenario where he has no other options.

Here we go again. Back to being the ugly duckling, looking at our feet in the corner, at the community dance. Our motherr gives us a little nudge and says, "Why don't you dance with Mauro? You remember Mauro, dont you? From the neighbourhood? I think he's single too. He's always been a nice guy, your dad always liked him."

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The coach I’d love for us to get is Thomas Christiansen, the Panama coach.  I think he’s an excellent tactician and would probably come in at a similar salary to Herdman.

That would be absolutely greasy to take him from Panama too. I’m sold. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

39 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

In the next 3 years you get to coach in the Copa America and the World Cup.

If anyone is at all interested in coaching international football it sounds pretty sweet to me

Technicality still have to qualify for this but yeah those two tournaments can probably be leveraged heavily to lure a coach despite all the financial issues.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

The coach I’d love for us to get is Thomas Christiansen, the Panama coach.  I think he’s an excellent tactician and would probably come in at a similar salary to Herdman.

That's my somewhat realistic dream scenario as well.

Imagine the scenes if we hire BJ Callaghan, though.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I have mentioned this on the other thread but doing very welll by getting the best out of a limited talent pool is not what we need, in my opinon. That's what I see from Christiansen's history.  

We can do okay on our depth but we to progress.  And to progress we need better from our elite talent.  Someone who can talk to our elite on a level that they are at, someone who has coached elite players before.

Whether we can afford anyone like that I don't know. 

4 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I have mentioned this on the other thread but doing very welll by getting the best out of a limited talent pool is not what we need, in my opinon. That's what I see from Christiansen's history.  

We can do okay on our depth but we to progress.  And to progress we need better from our elite talent.  Someone who can talk to our elite on a level that they are at, someone who has coached elite players before.

Well we know we cant pay anymore than JH's stipend (no money) unless TFC have paid  a "transfer fee".  Even if we went with a less expensive option, the savings would not be sufficient to fund a single camp which was reported to be over 500K

38 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Hey, Murillo is a Marseille player now! 

41 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Valid point. But to your last paragraph I think we can afford someone like that but they’ll have to be someone on the rise who doesn’t command a large salary. Such a manager would be interested in the Canada job as it is a huge task. We’re hosting a World Cup and have some extremely talented players - that is a step up from 95% of pro football managerial jobs.