Kyle Hiebert

Big_M

Thought he looked pretty nervous with the ball for someone who played midfield as a youth. But had to be jitters. I mean, there has been a pretty steep trajectory for the guy to go from essentially having his dream die, to suddenly repping CAN on the field with world class pros in an important game.

His defensive awareness/positioning looked solid.

Yes, he seemed very conservative with his passing and deferring to just about every player he could, but given that he's come out of nowhere to suddenly being cap-tied and a dream come true, can't really blame him for playing it safe.  Better not to be noticed as a defender when your team is up by multiple goals late rather than be noticed for the wrong reasons.

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Yes, he seemed very conservative with his passing and deferring to just about every player he could, but given that he's come out of nowhere to suddenly being cap-tied and a dream come true, can't really blame him for playing it safe.  Better not to be noticed as a defender when your team is up by multiple goals late rather than be noticed for the wrong reasons.

I agree. If you have nerves, just keep it simple and focus on the key points required for your position. 

19 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

…., just keep it simple and focus on the key points required for your position. 

It’s true, I preach this to my Sunday league team.

To me, he looks like he doesn’t have any agility. Looked stiff and safe.

But then I read your quote again, and recognize he did just that. Great first cap!

This was an adequate first performance from Heibert. I agree with the comments about him playing it safe and conservative. Nothing wrong with it.

If St. Louis keeps rolling and Heibert keeps rolling with them, I fully expect he'll be on the Gold Cup roster. Unless we need him due to injuries (like last night) I don't think we see him for the Nations League Finals. He'll come back in for Gold Cup and give us a bigger sample size to analyize, I think. 

Great to blood another CB. Heibert, Waterman, McNaughton, Zator are now all entering their prime. All seem relatively reliable. This is a good thing for our pool.