Kyle Hiebert

Big_M

On 3/18/2023 at 6:18 AM, SoCalTransport said:

I think his credentials are as good as Zator...

Best to wait a bit to see if the rest of the league figures out a weakness in his game. Plenty of players don't last long at the pro level for that reason or take a big step back before reemerging again later. A few starts shouldn't be enough for an international callup. After a few months it starts to make sense.

38 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Fuck, I hope that's not the case. He should definitely be in this camp. But with Kamal out injured, I can see why John would rather have a couple familiar faces there instead. Hiebert is in much better form than Scott Kennedy

Kamal isn’t injured - he was called and played for Montreal last night. 

23 hours ago, VinceA said:

He's expected to get benched when Nilsson returns from injury, so that can change things drastically for him.

Says who? They just dropped Parker last match so it seems Hiebert is safe for now. Can’t imagine they’ll be switching things up with the way things are going. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

Parker and Nilsson were certainly the expected starters. Nelson had surgery a few months ago and won't be ready for at least a few more weeks. Heibert was likely expected to be 3rd on the CB depth chart, but hopefully he plays well enough to force them to keep him in once everyone is healthy.

He is arguably the Canadian success story, along with Shaffelburg, so far this MLS season.

Edited by Stryker911

5 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Honestly not sure if I like this, he’s likely not gonna play a lot and would’ve been better to stay with the team to try to cement his spot even more.

Yeah I’m a little split on it too tbh but maybe we need him or St Louis has given assurances. I believe he is the clubs first ever senior call up so could be a win-win for all. 

19 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

(I hope Kennedy hasn’t tweaked something.   He has had a rough patch when it comes to injuries) 

While Kennedy is good. 
I think he's a little overhyped here as some guys are quick to treat him like he's the automatic heir to the CB throne.

The reality is we've only seen him in a 8 games for Canada. We've seen equal or better results from Cornelius who has played in more games, plays in a better league and is a starter for his team.

At this rate, it's possible that Heibert could leap frog the lot on merit alone.

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

While Kennedy is good. 
I think he's a little overhyped here as some guys are quick to treat him like he's the automatic heir to the CB throne.

The reality is we've only seen him in a 8 games for Canada. We've seen equal or better results from Cornelius who has played in more games, plays in a better league and is a starter for his team.

At this rate, it's possible that Heibert could leap frog the lot on merit alone.

Disagree with that. From the games Kennedy's played not only has he shown that he brings something unique to the pool with his combination of pace and passing range, but he's been reliable and I can't remember any big blunders from him. The biggest issue for him is staying healthy.

Edited by sebdeserio

3 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Disagree with that. From the games Kennedy's played not only has he shown that he brings something unique to the pool with his combination of pace and passing range, but he's been reliable and I can't remember any big blunders from him. The biggest issue for him is staying healthy.

I can't remember Corneilius having blunderS outside of the Barbados friendly. I do remember him having a solid game in the 2-0 USA game. 

5 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

I like his recovery pace to complement a guy like Vitoria (if he is still in the picture for the very immediate future) so that's why I like him.

Just now, Shway said:

I can't remember Corneilius having blunderS outside of the Barbados friendly. I do remember him having a solid game in the 2-0 USA game

It took me a second to remember which 2-0 USA game you were referring to.

We're solidifying the "Deux a Zero" home field advantage against them in the Brotherhood Era.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

It took me a second to remember which 2-0 USA game you were referring to.

We're solidifying the "Deux a Zero" home field advantage against them in the Brotherhood Era.

I was like "what are you.....ohhhh yea"
I was there for both games. I forgot about the Hamilton game, that was pure vibes!