Kyle Hiebert

Big_M

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another Canadian that Doyle projects to be a starter. Started 3 of their last 4 preseason games. A bit older at 25. Will likely partner with Tim Parker at CB in front of former Swiss International and Dortmund keeper Burki.

Will be a great experience and shows alot of faith that management has in him to have him as an opening day starter.

34 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Hate to be that guy, but if he was a rookie CB starting with TFC, he would already be penciled in as a gold cup call up.  And there would be talk of him moving to europe next year.  

I mean if he cements a starting position then he'd definitely deserve a look but I think an MLS cb on the worse team (which they project to be) would be on the same tier as MacNaughton and Zator.

Assuming the above I see our cb depth as follows:

Miller Vitoria

Kennedy

Waterman Cornelius Henry

MacNaughton Zator Hiebert 

Edited by sebdeserio

7 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

I mean if he cements a starting position then he'd definitely deserve a look but I think an MLS cb on the worse team (which they project to be) would be on the same tier as MacNaughton and Zator.

Miller Vitoria

Kennedy

Waterman Cornelius Henry

I would agree with that but any of the bottom 3 could easily make it into the penultimate bottom 3 by summer with a good start to the season.  Also, Bombito could get on that bottom 3 list if he can get a lot of minutes and Camacho would likely be with the penultimate bottom 3 or even with Kennedy if he commits.

Plus you forgot Johnson who is a RCB for us and is with the top 2.

8 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

Miller Vitoria

Kennedy

Waterman Cornelius Henry

I have heard this sort of thing a few times now and I have to ask - who is projecting that?  I watch TFC and cheer them on - I have consistently seen more of their games than any other team over the last 10 years - but they have been pretty shit for the last couple of years.  They finished 2nd last in each of the last two seasons and in this preseason they have gotten 3 losses and a draw.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have heard this sort of thing a few times now and I have to ask - who is projecting that?  I watch TFC and cheer them on - I have consistently seen more of their games than any other team over the last 10 years - but they have been pretty shit for the last couple of years.  They finished 2nd last in each of the last two seasons and in this preseason they have gotten 3 losses and a draw.  

St. Louis is pretty much the unanimous pick for last in the west by the MLS analysts with Chicago and DC being their competition in the east. Preseason games only serve to get the legs going and get fans talking after the first game they don't matter. As a TFC fan it's been infuriating how it took until this season to fix the clear holes at the back and in net that have been there since 2019 but TFC this year is miles better than the last 2 years and that's without using the 3rd DP spot.

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Bachelor's and Master's in Accounting too. Really interesting story. Maybe he's the next CSA President lol

I know nothing about him and I already believe he would manage the CSA's finances more soundly and more transparently than Bontis. 😭

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille