WCQ: Third Round - Window 3 (November 12-16, 2021)

dyslexic nam

Personally, I hope we effectively wrap it up before the Jamaica home match as I suspect they will still have something to play for and Panama definitely will in the last match. I really don’t fancy having to get even 1 point out of those last 2 as Jamaica could certainly beat us at home with the fire power they have and then going into Panama needing points would not be easy.  

In some ways, I feel more confident getting 4 to 6 out of this window as playing Costa Rica and Mexico in the freezing environs of Edmonton with 50k+ Canadian fans seems easier at this stage as we don’t have the huge pressure we would have in those last two matches. 

28 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Personally, I hope we effectively wrap it up before the Jamaica home match as I suspect they will still have something to play for and Panama definitely will in the last match. I really don’t fancy having to get even 1 point out of those last 2 as Jamaica could certainly beat us at home with the fire power they have and then going into Panama needing points would not be easy.  

In some ways, I feel more confident getting 4 to 6 out of this window as playing Costa Rica and Mexico in the freezing environs of Edmonton with 50k+ Canadian fans seems easier at this stage as we don’t have the huge pressure we would have in those last two matches. 

The January window will be the biggest one in determining how this all plays out for everyone I believe.  Obviously the last window will be the most crucial as that’s when teams will clinch their spots for Qatar, but that 4th window will set up who is really still in it and who isn’t.  This place will be a madhouse with all the potential scenarios leading into the 5th window  

I'm dreaming of 

6 in November

9 in January

Who doesn't like a 6-9. 

Then we all go to Costa Rica  in March to celebrate where it becomes a mere formality we have booked the ticket to Qatar. 

In a more realistic approach if we could be at 19 points going into the final window, we will be in excellent shape and that's what I'm hoping for. 

Edited by apbsmith

42 minutes ago, narduch said:

Costa Rica has been training since Monday with their domestic players. Haven't seen their roster drop yet though.

US is releasing their squad list today.

Costs Rica is on the pressure cooker. Costa Rica media and it's fans are expecting/wanting 4 points from this window. They will do everything to try and tie us and are expected to get 3 at home vs Honduras.

Tbh they were unfortunate to not have got a result in their US away game. 

15 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Costs Rica is on the pressure cooker. Costa Rica media and it's fans are expecting/wanting 4 points from this window. They will do everything to try and tie us and are expected to get 3 at home vs Honduras.

Tbh they were unfortunate to not have got a result in their US away game. 

Remind me how they looked. What are we expecting strategy-wise from them?

16 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

Here's my view on how we get from our current 10 points to 21 points, which almost certainly will put us into 3rd place with an automatic ticket to Qatar:

Window 3 (Home to Costa Rica, Home to Mexico) - 3 points for a total of 13

Window 4 (Away to Honduras, Home to US, Away to El Salvador) - a minimum of 2 points, for a total of at least 15

Window 5 (Away to Costa Rica, Home to Jamaica, Away to Panama) - 6 points, for a total of at least 21

I think Canada can get those results. Sure would be nice to get an away win in Window 4 though, so it doesn't come down to the last match or two. (And as a reminder, Canada has never won an away match in the Hex or Octo.)

2 points would be a disaster of a window in window 4. It’s nice to see that even if we stumble somewhere though, we still have time to make up the points if something like that does happen.

5 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

First Dan Jebbison .. do I dare guess this is Ferdi?!?

I think it may be Justin Smith, check out the insta bio. Not sure if it was always just the Canadian flag, but thats all that is there now

Edit: i know doesn't seem like a "Loss" to France, but we are talking about Wheeler and his homerism here

image.png.035ce02f00facf5915f149aa66704901.png

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

3 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

Isn't it more likely he's talking about jebbison?

Based on how Wheeler described the player, I wouldn’t say it’s Jebbison. Jebbison might commit this window but this sounds like someone more experienced. “Very good” country suggests Turkey over England I think as well. England is iconic and they weren’t going to call him to a senior spot anytime soon. 

Edited by canuckgbp