WCQ: Third Round - Window 3 (November 12-16, 2021)

dyslexic nam

4 minutes ago, rydermike said:

Super longshot. Auro Jr from Toronto FC. Has mentioned in the past that he loves Canada and would love to join the national team before https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianPL/comments/lgk6mg/auro_jr_of_tfc_says_on_his_ig_story_that_he_would/ 

He's not close to the Brazil national team obviously, but since we're now into wild guess territory, why not. 

Edit: He's only in his 4th year with Toronto, I thought he was in his 5th, just checked. So can't be him

Can we just give him the extra year for the tats?

image.png.b217db9521c1d086b42801b09eabeb3c.png

I know there have been a couple jokes about the CSA using FM as a database, but the FM database isn't very good for stuff like this -- I actually pointed out a few inaccuracies in that game for FM 21 (or 20?). I am sure the CSA database is better.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Sturing wasn't on anyone's radar and the CSA got him. Maybe it's a total unknown like that, though obviously with the clues we're hoping it's someone better. Matty Cash just got called up to the Poland squad, I don't think there was any indication of that being a possibility until September, so these types of things happen.

I don't see how it's Ugbo, there is literally articles where he has talked about choosing a nation to play for, not once is Canada mentioned. Every time it is about Nigeria or England, plus I am not sure how much pedigree Chelsea U23 is but I mean... 

I am just saying it is MUCH more likely to be a random dude from the Balkans than anyone else of notoriety.  However it is saying something that they are being called to this window given Herdman's emphasis on Chemistry. It makes you THINK it is someone big but I find it hard to believe. 

Seems like Gloire Amanda. Doesn’t fit the “very good country” part though…. Tanzania is 130th…. Tied for 1st in their group…. Not sure on CAF qualifying works other then they get 5 slots I believe.

Maybe just embellishment from Wheeler about the very good country part. 

Just now, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

I don't see how it's Ugbo, there is literally articles where he has talked about choosing a nation to play for, not once is Canada mentioned. Every time it is about Nigeria or England, plus I am not sure how much pedigree Chelsea U23 is but I mean... 

I am just saying it is MUCH more likely to be a random dude from the Balkans than anyone else of notoriety.  However it is saying something that they are being called to this window given Herdman's emphasis on Chemistry. It makes you THINK it is someone big but I find it hard to believe. 

With all due respect, as far as the Voyageurs are concerned there is no such thing as "a random dude from the Balkans"

Though I appreciate this is impeccable logic anywhere but here.

1 minute ago, canadianbacons said:

Damn you Wheeler, now I'm going to be looking at this thread every 3 minutes until the announcement.

I'm at a loss trying to guess this one since Wheels said that none of the guesses on Twitter were correct (and all of the obvious names were mentioned).  This one might come out of nowhere.

When is the announcement?

If Wheeler is correct and there is an announcement planned regarding it today, that would indicate it's someone that would make an imediate impact committing. If its just someone young or a fringe player like mitrovic we would just find out via his name being on the roster rather than a separate release. Or maybe they are driving the point home to his dad and it is mitro!

Replied to a post only to realize I was 5 pages late, wow and exciting crazy times. 

I hope it's a striker or attacking midfielder for depth. 

Great work fellow V's with the deep dive. Only because it's Wheeler my expectations are limited.

However, if he's coming into the 23 in critical WCQ you would have to  assume he's quality. 

Just now, Brethers8 said:

Great shout

He's getting top flight minutes in Ukraine, and has dual nationality.

If he keeps playing top flight in Ukraine you would think he would get a look at from the States, they have players at lower levels than that, or similar. And seem to be going for youth lately. And have cards and injuries to cover for. So could make sense.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's getting top flight minutes in Ukraine, and has dual nationality.

If he keeps playing top flight in Ukraine you would think he would get a look at from the States, they have players at lower levels than that, or similar. And seem to be going for youth lately. And have cards and injuries to cover for. So could make sense.

Definitely in line with "top pedigree", but IMO would not warrant a separate announcement from the rest of the roster. Has to be a bigger name.

Just now, canadianbacons said:

Definitely in line with "top pedigree", but IMO would not warrant a separate announcement from the rest of the roster. Has to be a bigger name.

Someone wanna ask Gareth ? Also if it was De Ro, are we calling him cause he’s the son of ? Or because he can help.