WCQ: Third Round - Window 3 (November 12-16, 2021)

dyslexic nam

2 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think it may be Justin Smith, check out the insta bio. Not sure if it was always just the Canadian flag, but thats all that is there now

Edit: i know doesn't seem like a "Loss" to France, but we are talking about Wheeler and his homerism here

image.png.035ce02f00facf5915f149aa66704901.png

There’s no way France was considering using Smith for WCQ, that may be one of their deepest positions 

1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

so it’s not Ferdi or Ennin. Starting to think it’s Flores

"Very good pedigree" and "wanted for WCQ" for me rules out Flores. 

Jebbison would seem likely.. he was with England u19s and their matches are essentially WCQ (for u20 World Cup). But then he says no one will guess so that kind of rules him out.

Ferdi fits the bill. Watch it be someone underwhelming though like Sadiki or Hakkinen.

1 minute ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Was the French flag not there as well though?

I can confirm the French flag was not in there. I had a screenshot of it a few months ago but can't find the post currently.

Kadioglu makes the most sense considering the WCQ consideration, but I see Flores as an outside possibility or just a poorly worded tweet out of Wheeler lmao

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Would Saudi really need him for WCQ though? Not sure on that. 

But I am not sure on any of this, to be honest lol

Al Ghamdi was on the bench for his team, in the bottom half of the Saudi league, last weekend. Has made no appearances for his club there. The Saudi's are deeper into WC qualifying than us and have far more depth than needing to call in a kid who has never played pro, there must be 20 guys at least ahead of him in their league alone.

Ferdi would be amazing, really, and would stop this silly one-sided support for Besiktas amongst Canada fans. I mean, why the hell are we Besiktas fans again?

The only one that fits the clues imo is Ferdi, but then Wheeler says "I'm not sure anyone will come up with the correct answer" which doesn't fit with the Ferdi guess since he's a pretty obvious candidate.

Really struggling to think of someone who fits all the clues. Wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the clues was inaccurate.

Daniel Jebbison ...not playing with England.
Marcelo Flores....not even close to the Mexican National team.
Enes Sali......not in the U21 ROmanian squad.
Justin Smith....nowhere close to a sniff at the France U21 squad nvm the senior team.

It has to be Ferdi or else this is a bad take from Wheeler. Because even he's not close to the Dutch squad,.... maybe- big maybe close to Turkey....any other name is just click bait.

Edited by Shway

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

The only one that fits the clues imo is Ferdi, but then Wheeler says "I'm not sure anyone will come up with the correct answer" which doesn't fit with the Ferdi guess since he's a pretty obvious candidate.

Really struggling to think of someone who fits all the clues. Wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the clues was inaccurate.

Wheeler says that because, let's be honest, the only fans in Canada who have a clue about Ferdi are the 73 paying attention on this board.