WCQ: Jamaica vs Canada - Sunday, Oct 10, 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific - Kingston, Jamaica

3 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Where the fuck is Corbeanu. I'm sorry for the language but what the hell. How is Brym called up yet we've left Theo off the sheet once again. Theo has been impressive every time he puts on a Canadian jersey. I don't understand how he's not here given how limited our options going forward are this window. -_-

Barely playing at the club level doesn't help

I think an option that should have been considered is Babouli. He’s been great in CONCACAF environments and has the technical skill level to play with our guys. For me he’s a much better option than Brym. 

edit: just reading @Unnamed Trialisttake on Brym. I agree he was jogging around but it’s not true that Brym is irrelevant at club level and has no goals. He’s a starter and has scored. I was disappointed in his level of effort though - I expected him to come on and sprint all over the place and he acted like there was another 90 minutes to play. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

I think an option that should have been considered is Babouli. He’s been great in CONCACAF environments and has the technical skill level to play with our guys. For me he’s a much better option than Brym. 

And ironically the ref for this game is the dumbass that sent him off v Independiente.

Which brings up the point that we need to be on our best behavior for this match.

45 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Or maybe he brought in Brym the way he brought in Payton and Pasher, Played Pasher one game and then left him off the 60 man squad. Maybe the Mexico game was simply rope that he handed to Brym and said rustle me a calf or hang yourself with it. We all agree Brym hanged himself. Let's see if Herdman agrees.

A) There is no 60 man squad (for the 100th time)

B ) Pasher played 2 games 

54 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Where the fuck is Corbeanu. I'm sorry for the language but what the hell. How is Brym called up yet we've left Theo off the sheet once again. Theo has been impressive every time he puts on a Canadian jersey. I don't understand how he's not here given how limited our options going forward are this window. -_-

Are you @Hawkguyin disguise? 😀 Seriously though I agree!

9 hours ago, trc2014 said:

I agree with your points, but I’ve seen you say this a few times and I think this is just how he runs.  Dunfield mentioned on the broadcast his run looks like a deer and I think that’s how he looks at full speed.

So David runs like a funny man but closes down keepers and defenders quickly and forces mistakes after 70 minutes, and Brym runs like a funny deer and doesn't close down anyone from the first minute.

But the important thing is that Dunfield says the deer is fast. 

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So David runs like a funny man but closes down keepers and defenders quickly and forces mistakes after 70 minutes, and Brym runs like a funny deer and doesn't close down anyone from the first minute.

But the important thing is that Dunfield says the deer is fast. 

I didn’t like the Brym addition to the squad and insertion into the game as much as you - trust me.  On the flip side, I trust that JH has seen something in training and you are really taking too much out of an 8 minute appearance.  If the appearance was as disgusting as you believe, I trust JH will never put him on the pitch again.

6 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I didn’t like the Brym addition to the squad and insertion into the game as much as you - trust me.  On the flip side, I trust that JH has seen something in training and you are really taking too much out of an 8 minute appearance.  If the appearance was as disgusting as you believe, I trust JH will never put him on the pitch again.

Absolutely disgusting, a disgrace to the sport and, frankly, the nation. Brym should never pull a Canada jersey on again and Herdman the architect of this despicable situation should be sent packing back to "Hello, cheerio!" the Yoo-Kay.

I was dissapointed in Brym as well.  Usually the kid coming on with 8 minutes left runs his guts out chasing the ball and putting pressure on the mexicans trying to move the ball up.  He did lope around like a deer for a lot of the time he was on.  I thought he blew it, guys who had already put in 80+min at altitude were running harder than he was.  When Millar came on he worked hard up and down his wing.  Brym didnt look like he was trying to win himself more call ups.  

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I was dissapointed in Brym as well.  Usually the kid coming on with 8 minutes left runs his guts out chasing the ball and putting pressure on the mexicans trying to move the ball up.  He did lope around like a deer for a lot of the time he was on.  I thought he blew it, guys who had already put in 80+min at altitude were running harder than he was.  When Millar came on he worked hard up and down his wing.  Brym didnt look like he was trying to win himself more call ups.  

I remember an Impact game where Tabla got his first sub appearance in what seemed like forever.  Huge anticipation of what he would do in his 15 minutes.  I expected him to absolutely rage around the field.  

He ended up jogging around pretty casually and not really showing much hunger.  I always thought it was bad judgement and a missed opportunity.  You only get so many chances  to make that kind of immediate impression. 

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I remember an Impact game where Tabla got his first sub appearance in what seemed like forever.  Huge anticipation of what he would do in his 15 minutes.  I expected him to absolutely rage around the field.  

He ended up jogging around pretty casually and not really showing much hunger.  I always thought it was bad judgement and a missed opportunity.  You only get so many chances  to make that kind of immediate impression. 

That says a lot about a player. Make the most of what you are given. I can assure you that if Shaff got such an opportunity on Sunday you would not have to worry about that, he be going all out, giving you his all. Man I simply can’t stop talking how impressed I am with him. it’s been a treat watching him with TFC this season since Perez has given him the chance. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

edit: just reading @Unnamed Trialisttake on Brym. I agree he was jogging around but it’s not true that Brym is irrelevant at club level and has no goals. He’s a starter and has scored. I was disappointed in his level of effort though - I expected him to come on and sprint all over the place and he acted like there was another 90 minutes to play. 

Agreed! Mo Babouli has vision, can finish, and reads the game very well. He sees and exploits space very well. I can see him getting onto the end of Eustaqiuo or Davies or Osorio passes quite well. I am not sure of his defensive efficacy, but on the attack he is effective.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

A) There is no 60 man squad (for the 100th time)

B ) Pasher played 2 games 

On the Canada Soccer men's page they have the present squad but after this window is closed they put up the 60 men pool. We'll revisit this discussion sometime after next Wednesday's game.

Probably Friday or Saturday.

Edited by Sal333

9 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Anyone know when the team got to Kingston?  Canada Soccer not sending out the usual travel clips.

I don't know what circuitous route they took but they are there.

They didn't fly out of Mexico City but actually took the bus all the way out to Toluca to fly from that airport.

The players are posting hotel pics from Kingston on Insta so it seems like they arrived safely and soundly.

2 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

On the Canada Soccer men's page they have the present squad but after this window is closed they put up the 60 men pool. We'll revisit this discussion sometime after next Wednesday's game.

Probably Friday or Saturday.

Yes, you’ve been told that’s not the pool. Just a listing of players - Herdman isn’t putting a pool up on the internet. 

11 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I don't know what circuitous route they took but they are there.

They didn't fly out of Mexico City but actually took the bus all the way out to Toluca to fly from that airport.

The players are posting hotel pics from Kingston on Insta so it seems like they arrived safely and soundly.

8 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Late last night

Also, the pics that they are all taking are from the rooftop of The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel.

@JamboAl did you stay there or at the Marriott?

I'm getting a bit concerned about our razor thin numbers in center midfield. Given that Piette has not seen much of the field in 4 games and there is a  drop off in quality going from Oso or Kaye to Fraser. With Atiba injured and Arfield apparently in the rear view mirror, our once vaunted midfield is an injury/card suspension from being a potential problem area. 

50 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I'm getting a bit concerned about our razor thin numbers in center midfield. Given that Piette has not seen much of the field in 4 games and there is a  drop off in quality going from Oso or Kaye to Fraser. With Atiba injured and Arfield apparently in the rear view mirror, our once vaunted midfield is an injury/card suspension from being a potential problem area. 

By gawd, that’s Russell Teibert’s music! *runs away*

In all seriousness, he’s actually been somewhat decent lately. Passing forward and everything. If I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t believe it.

Edited by footballfreak