WCQ: Jamaica vs Canada - Sunday, Oct 10, 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific - Kingston, Jamaica

9 minutes ago, lamptern said:

If Hoillet is really hurt, David will be starting for sure today. Maybe Davies as well.

If need be, start them both, getting them off as quickly as possible after getting the lead. That should be the plan ( :

1 minute ago, lamptern said:

One of Millar/Shaff plus David will be starting I guess. 

Spoony, Staq and Osorio to the mid three.

Henry, Cornellius, Johnston, Adekube, Davies (as a free role).

Crepeau

IDK...IDK...IDK...

I do want to see Shaff get a run out, I truly believe he has something to offer, especially with all those that are out. He will leave it all on the field in whatever role Herdman uses him in. He could be as some have said their secret sauce. 

I doubt that Herdman will call in new players.  He has already said in the interviews that if you are called and show up for the team, then you should play at some time.  It's not fair to ask you to sacrifice without getting a chance at the reward.  So, I expect that the little-used subs like Brym will see the field before anyone else is brought in from outside.

Players today are not the same as they used to be.  You can't just tell them to shut and do what they're told and expect them to keep following you.  If Herdman starts lording it over them, I think this team will just fall apart and lose everything it has gained.  I like what this team is achieving with their attitudes and camaraderie.  It's a winning formula, so don't start treating them like their needs don't matter.

I'll also say that this team's confidence is rubbing off on me.  They don't worry too much if they fall behind in a game because they know they can probably score.  I expect that they also won't worry too much if they lose a game that they shouldn't have because they can make it up elsewhere in the schedule.  I'm feeling calm before today's game, just like the players are.  There's a lot of randomness in the game, and sometimes you don't get the result you deserve.  It's good to know that we don't have to worry too much about any particular result, that fourteen games should be enough to let our quality determine our fate.

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Millar to take Buchanan's spot. Would have been Hoilett's, but Liam is a natural replacement for Tajon. 

Schaff maybe (hopefully) a sub for Davies later in the match.

Happy thanksgiving everyone! Let's get this W! 

Schaff is the one I really want to see, can not say that enough, this kid has something to offer. He will not disappoint. 

17 minutes ago, rkomar said:

I doubt that Herdman will call in new players.  He has already said in the interviews that if you are called and show up for the team, then you should play at some time.  It's not fair to ask you to sacrifice without getting a chance at the reward.  So, I expect that the little-used subs like Brym will see the field before anyone else is brought in from outside.

Players today are not the same as they used to be.  You can't just tell them to shut and do what they're told and expect them to keep following you.  If Herdman starts lording it over them, I think this team will just fall apart and lose everything it has gained.  I like what this team is achieving with their attitudes and camaraderie.  It's a winning formula, so don't start treating them like their needs don't matter.

I'll also say that this team's confidence is rubbing off on me.  They don't worry too much if they fall behind in a game because they know they can probably score.  I expect that they also won't worry too much if they lose a game that they shouldn't have because they can make it up elsewhere in the schedule.  I'm feeling calm before today's game, just like the players are.  There's a lot of randomness in the game, and sometimes you don't get the result you deserve.  It's good to know that we don't have to worry too much about any particular result, that fourteen games should be enough to let our quality determine our fate.

Agreed most of points here.

Only one exception: 

Reuse Brym in meaningful minutes in such an important game is not rewarding, it's gambling. 

Maybe biased, but I don't want to see this young man in our MNT lineup before  he improve his  work enthusiasm on the pitch.

I think the time to have rejected Brym was when making up the roster.  Once you call him and he shows up, you need to follow through on your word and give him a chance to make his contribution.  It may not be ideal to play him, but it's probably worse in the long run to not play him because it shows the rest of the players that showing up doesn't mean you get treated with respect.

If the report on Hoilett is true, that really sucks.  He was the perfect guy to step in, eat up some minutes and play like a veteran out on the pitch.   With all the players missing, he was fulfilling a great role.

Will be interesting to see the starting 11.  Still think we have what it takes to win this, but we’ll have to grind this one out for sure 

Happy Thanksgiving all!! The lads are sure to treat us to a nice little Holiday dub here today, regardless of injuries.

just ordered my 25th anniversary scarf, looking forward to raising in high with you all when we get some games out here in Vancouver (also might be making the trip to Edmonton for the Costa Rica game)

I think we show our depth tonight!! Allez!! 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

4 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Happy Thanksgiving all!! The lads are sure to treat us to a nice little Holiday dub here today, regardless of injuries.

just ordered my 25th anniversary scarf, looking forward to raising in high with you all when we get some games out here in Vancouver (also might be making the trip to Edmonton for the Costa Rica game)

I think we show our depth tonight!! Allez!! 

Mind to share the purchase link for scarf?

11 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

I would be nervous to put shaff or bryum as starters.  The final round of WCQ games are not ideal to find out if someone is up to the challenge.  I'd like to see them get some games as subs first.

Under normal circumstances I would tend to agree, but we don’t have a lot of options, and Shaff sounds like a player who has the potential to rise to the occasion. USA started an 18 year old Ricardo Pepi away to Honduras and he scored the winning goal in his first cap. Obviously Shaff’s not Pepi, but you never know who’s going to rise to the occasion. 

Interesting to note: If played on the right, he will likely be matched up against TFC teammate Kemar Lawrence. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

Brym seems like an absolute non-starter. The only way I want him to see the pitch today is if we’re already way up. Disgraceful effort level in Mexico.

6 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

rym seems like an absolute non-starter. The only way I want him to see the pitch today is if we’re already way up. Disgraceful effort level in Mexico.

I think that you and a few other posters on here should be ready to be disgusted.  I feel like he is going to get minutes.