WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

25 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Guys the online US soccer meltdown right now is glorious 

Panic USA?  Bit early for that but fun whilst it lasts!  

They're away to Honduras Wednesday.  We have El Salvador.  Wouldn't be overly surprised to see Mexico/Canada sitting top of the table. 

USA will be harvesting points in October though, as could we.   Another 5 points out of the October window and we're half way to the finals!

Just now, BearcatSA said:

If the Yanks continue with static target men up top, they are going to struggle offensively not just against us but also some of the other Ocho powers.  This guy tonight did little.

That’s their blind spot, the number 9.
Reason why I think Zardes is their best number 9 because of his mobility. 

Sargeant is ass. Pefok is good, but Henry was just better.

2 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Fu'k off. 

"We hit the post." on an offside?  No VAR to say otherwise, eh?  

Best scoring chances USA had were deflections off Canadian defenders.  Colour me impressed. 

Boo f'n hoo.  

They had nothing tonight and for most of the evening got stifled by a better tactical side (apart from that 20 min first half stretch of 4-4-2 when allowed them to get some mo going).  

6 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Didn't I always say that playing at home and being comfortable at home all the time would end up biting them in the end?

Now off to Honduras, who have less travel and tons of momentum and of course, piss bags.

Edited by apbsmith

1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

I hate this, but I'm realllly rooting for the Yanks against Honduras... it would really ruin their opening round of games if they lost all points at home (despite getting 2 away points)

After these first two matches. I've decided I'm cheering for:

1) Canada to win every game.

2) Mexico to win every game except vs us.

3) Every other game to tie.

15 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Fu'k off. 

"We hit the post." on an offside?  No VAR to say otherwise, eh?  

Best scoring chances USA had were deflections off Canadian defenders.  Colour me impressed. 

I felt like Larin probably should have been on that ball Hoilett put across.  It was a brilliant ball.  He should have scored on the early chance Davies created.  Tajon just slid one past the post.   For a team that didn't want to have a go, we created a lot of good chances.  Yes, we parked the bus, but we were dangerous in counter.  We're not going to play this way when we're playing in BC.  Davies coming back to Vancouver.  There could be 50K people at that game.

Just now, frmr said:

The post game show on One Soccer was really good. Seeing those guys in a more candid relaxed environment was a nice change compared to the on air stuff. Actually had a few good laughs. God damn it's nice having some positivity around the program for once. I could get used to this.

It's also nice to have a post game show at all. Thinking back to the infamous 2007 Gold Cup semi where we got like one replay of the blown call on what should have been the tying goal, 30 seconds of Forrest and Dobson in disbelief and then that's it, good night!