WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

1 minute ago, _Vic_ said:

Reminds me of a story. I had an uncle, big Norwegian guy who had a fishing boat off the coast of Vancouver Island. They were in a huge gale and the boat was flooded and they were bailing like crazy to try and keep it from sinking. He looks over and sees one of the crew on his knees praying. He said if you don't get up and get bailing I'll throw you overboard right now.

Faith is a way of walking, not a way of talking.

So, in this metaphor, if I understand it correctly, Phonzie is the boat, the guy praying is Herdman, Vancouver Island is the Canadian backline, Buchanan is the bailing bucket and I'm the big Norwegian guy.

Do I have that right?  I've had a few, so I may be mixed up a bit.

7 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

Have to say that Brooks is a nightmare at the back for the USA. You think we are dodgy at times???

Just lumping big punts up the park and was absolutely at sea for our goal. Hadn’t a clue where Larin was. 

Oh yeah he was a mess. Funny thing was when they all huddled he was the guy doing the speaking.

Edited by _Vic_

If you look at our goal, we brought Davies slightly inside. Think we should do this more often as:

1) get him closer to the net and might help him combine with David /Lain a little more thought the middle

2) makes the other team have to drop players inside and defend narrow, opening them up on the overlap from our fullback 

3) Davies is still fast enough to pull back into the channel and beat his defender to the end line like he would if he was playing wide. 

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

So, in this metaphor, if I understand it correctly, Phonzie is the boat, the guy praying is Herdman, Vancouver Island is the Canadian backline, Buchanan is the bailing bucket and I'm the big Norwegian guy.

Do I have that right?  I've had a few, so I may be mixed up a bit.

That was just a story. This was the part for you:

1 minute ago, _Vic_ said:

That was just a story. This was the part for you:

Okay, so if I understand things now, what you're really saying is that the Limp Bizkit cover of Faith is superior to the original?  I'm inclined to agree, but not sure what that has to do with anything.

Subtext: just funning around here.