WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

2 hours ago, xcalibre said:

Arfield might be done. The Hoilett tweet and his exclusion this time makes me think he just doesn't get on with the younger mostly (?) GTA-raised squad

Maybe, but I don’t think so, Herdman said he was gonna play in the Gold Cup. Nothing against Hutch and Eustáquio because they played well, but Kaye and Osorio didn’t play well. Plus we didn’t get any offence from the midfield. We are gonna need more fire power vs Mexico, Jamaica and Panama. Mexico is Mexico, Jamaica if they get their shit together they could be very dangerous and Panama looks really good! 
Game vs El Salvador is a must WIN. Because the next window will be hell!

Edited by SpecialK

After a point gained over most pre-game expectations like that three points in the El Salvador game should be viewed as very much a must now. Looks like the defence although still a bit shaky at times is more or less ready for prime time against top CONCACAF opposition and qualification although challenging is not out of the realms of possibility.

Gareth Wheeler, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create an international incident on the scale of Honduras vs El Salvador in 1969 by using the Croatian pronunciation of Pulišić throughout the return game and deriding anybody who says it the American way as Cletus the slack-jawed yokel types who should stick to NASCAR and baseball. This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

34 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Just saw the Aaronson interview and my god how can you be a pro and be that salty in an interview

It's ridiculous ... BUT, he is very young.  He'll learn.  I'm sure the American coaching staff has already talked to him about it, and if not, that's the sort of thing that's been holding back the U.S., quite frankly.  It's that kind of arrogance that makes one believe that everything is just fine with us ... it's them that "didn't want to play".

My takeaways from this game:

1. Love Adekugbe, need to incorporate him more so Davies can be more attack minded.

2. Based off last night and the Gold Cup, I have confidence in Henry as a rotational CB

3. Is it just me or does our team seem less clunky when only one of David and Larin are on the pitch at a time? Even thinking back to Thursday or our two matches against Haiti, I can't really think of many games where those two have fit together nicely. Could the best way forward be one at a time and running Larin/Hoilett and David/Cav pairings?

I wish Cav got 10-15 minutes yesterday.  I imagine he will play on Weds (maybe even start) and would have loved to get some potential rust off today.  Alittle concerned about a rusty Cav in probably the biggest game of the window. I wonder if the plan was to put him in at some point yesterday before we burned a sub replacing Kennedy because of his injury.