WCQ: USA vs Canada - Sunday, Sept 5th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Nashville

Just now, Lansdude said:

Kaye and Eustaquio were effective. I definitely saw more of Eustaquio putting out fires and picking up open men but Kaye did his job as well. Neither were amazing but both ran their asses off.

The Yanks were always going to dominate possession so he wasn't going to get a lot of opportunity to make those slide rule through balls (but he almost pulled one off for Laryea), but I thought he and Staq did the job tonight.  

Great performance tonight, the sort of performance that makes you believe and I think the team will feel the same. If we are going to start with two draws, I prefer the way it was done - comebacks, rather than giving away the lead.

Thought Adekugbe played his best game so for in a Canadian shirt.

Watching the MLS live post game show, Doyle says the American fans are losing their minds on twitter, which now makes me want to go on twitter for a change.

PS - I assume that the defeatists posting on this board that all was lost after the Honduras match because there is no possible way we could pick up any points on the road can now pack their defeatism away until the next cycle for 2030? Very few teams have won at home so far - just Mexico I think.

I’m quite satisfied with an away draw against the US.

The US could have easily won 2-1 and Canada could have also won 2-1.

The officiating was pretty fair by CONCACAF standards.

At the end of the day that’s what matters.  Now back to BMO field and Canada needs to win against El Salvador.  5 points from 3 games would be a solid start for Canada.

A few ramblings…

Johnston is our MVP through the first 2 matches… puts out fires all over the defense.

Davies has not disappointed.  I really hope he can start the next game.  Ideally I’d start him and Buchanan and let Laryea sub in - he seems to have slow starts and has better effect when the opposition has tired.

Surprised Kennedy was so shaky… Miller came on and was solid, but, overall, was just as bad as (if not worse than) Kennedy so I wouldn’t mind going with either in the final game.

Osorio is not a forward player - no instinct… failed to make 2 runs into the box that would likely have led to goals.  Would love to have his control and smarts in the midfield (and go with 3).  In the end, his defensive responsibility was key to protecting the lead, but a part of me would have loved a Corbeanu available to come on to the wing (switching Buchanan over) when Davies subbed out.

Eustaquio has been solid, but would like him involved more in the build up.

Shout out to Henry.  Very impressed tonight.  Had a hiccup with a risky pass which got picked off, but otherwise did really well.

If the Yanks continue with static target men up top, they are going to struggle offensively not just against us but also some of the other Ocho powers.  This guy tonight did little.