Jonathan Sirois

Dominic94

8 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

He doesn't have the height but has a number of intangibles for a great goalkeeper. Happy for him.

He's 1.98, which is about 6 foot seven. That's according to Transfermarkt, not sure if it is accurate. But if it is, what sort of height were you thinking of?

Edit: just checked Wikipedia, which has him at 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in). So if that is the case, he could be missing an inch or two. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's 1.98, which is about 6 foot seven. That's according to Transfermarkt, not sure if it is accurate. But if it is, what sort of height were you thinking of?

Wikipedia says 1.83 M (6 ft) which is way more plausible.

Further proof that Transfermarket is not the bible

Edited by narduch

17 minutes ago, narduch said:

Wikipedia says 1.83 M (6 ft) which is way more plausible.

Further proof that Transfermarket is not the bible

That Transfermarkt info got me going, as that is very tall. 

Casillas was 1.82m. Donnarumma is 1.96. I think there may be a minimum reasonable height for a keeper, after that technical ability in shot stopping, positioning, high and low balls, not giving up rebounds, distribution, is what is important.

I think his future is put in a all star performance with Valour, and then see where that takes him.  He shouldnt be looking any firther than that.  Crepeau was 23? when he couldnt break through and had to tear up the USL to get a chance at a starting job in MLS. Getting the games and being successful at 20 is a very good sign.  He plays well enough he becomes a valuable asset, Montreal can trade him within MLS, sell him off, or let him compete for the starting job next spring.  

Keepers are late bloomers too.  I think most everyone knows what I mean.  You have to be patient, but not too patient!  It's so hard to get field time in so you have to take the most from what you get, regardless of the level.  Think Sirois is doing just that.

If his future isn't in Montreal, and extenuating circumstances may the biggest factor in that, then his future isn't in Montreal.  Doesn't change what's happening now.  

Sort of sums up what the CPL is all about doesn't it?  Player's investing in their future.  

That isn't a new idea.  One step back to go three steps forward.

At the start of the year it was said that Diop will most likely be leaving Montreal at the end of this season unless he agrees to a 1A/1B role with Pantemis. The way that Jo is playing though Montreal might not even have to worry about that and go with the two local kids as a 1A/1B.

Montreal's backroom staff was a mess in the Garde era and essentially let Crepeau go for free. Renard seems like he actually knows what he's doing and has so far done a good job identifying young talent and putting them in positions to shine in Montreal or on loan in the CPL.  

9 minutes ago, farrelld said:

At the start of the year it was said that Diop will most likely be leaving Montreal at the end of this season unless he agrees to a 1A/1B role with Pantemis. The way that Jo is playing though Montreal might not even have to worry about that and go with the two local kids as a 1A/1B.

They still have Breza on the books though, don't they?

15 hours ago, El Hombre said:

They still have Breza on the books though, don't they?

Breza is on loan from Bologna. I'm not sure how much they rate him though. After Pantemis let 4 in this past weekend, being completely at fault for 1, they could have given Breza the midweek start but didn't. Maybe they just didn't want to crush Pantemis's confidence though. Personally I think Breza was brought in to be 3rd choice cover so Jo could be sent on loan but I'd like to see Breza get at least one game this year. 

1 hour ago, farrelld said:

Breza is on loan from Bologna. I'm not sure how much they rate him though. After Pantemis let 4 in this past weekend, being completely at fault for 1, they could have given Breza the midweek start but didn't. Maybe they just didn't want to crush Pantemis's confidence though. Personally I think Breza was brought in to be 3rd choice cover so Jo could be sent on loan but I'd like to see Breza get at least one game this year. 

Thanks.  Didn't realize it was just a loan.

• 4 weeks later...