Jonathan Sirois

Dominic94

42 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think Sirois is listed at 6'0 no? CF Montreal posted a picture of their starting 11 from the game last week and he's standing beside Sosa (6'2) and Campbell (6'1) and looks a bit shorter than them. Hard to compare height since they could be standing differently, but I've always thought he was closer to 5'11 than 6'1. That's the only reason I think there's a chance he does cap out along the lines of Crepeau- solid MLS keeper who will either keep Montreal relatively competitive over the next decade or make his way to a contender at some point. If he was a comfortable 6'3-4 or something, I think it would be safe to book his ticket to europe this winter. Even 6'2 would make him an average sized keeper, and since his talent is definitely not average, I think he could really perform well overseas.

You mention Patrick Roy- I see some Carey Price in him, especially young ~2011ish Price. You practically watch him in nets with your hands over your eyes because he's liable to let in a bad one in at any time, but he more than makes up for it with saves very few keepers should actually be able to make. Agreed on DSC. He's looked fine for Canada, but we're going on like nearly 2 years since he had an elite run of form at club. I think against Netherlands and France you need to go Crepeau for both and play your best possible starting XI, but I'd love to see Sirois tested against these types of world class talents.

I looked it up a while ago, but couldn't remember where exactly.  Just redid the exercise and I'm not sure what to believe anymore....
fotmob - 183cm
transfermarkt - 187cm
wiki - 187cm
MLS - 183cm

Edit: I couldn't leave it alone, had to look into it.

So Soso is listed at 6'2" and Ketterer 6'3".  So seems like Sirois is just a little under them.

image.png.83a3a0ab155b63b5c9a08fd467945acb.png

Edited by costarg

15 minutes ago, costarg said:

I looked it up a while ago, but couldn't remember where exactly.  Just redid the exercise and I'm not sure what to believe anymore....
fotmob - 183cm
transfermarkt - 187cm
wiki - 187cm
MLS - 183cm

Yup- that’s exactly what I saw. I’m inclined to believe MLS’ numbers- wiki is a lot easier to edit. From the pictures I see on his and the club’s Instagram pages, the eye test puts him at around 6’0 as well. Crazy that 4 CM in height is quite literally the difference between a few million dollars in transfer fees for him.

We have so many keepers at a similar level right now that it’s quite congested near the top.  And there’s a group of young keepers that could make a jump and potentially be our 1st choice.

Borjan - Think he gets a lot of hate on here but I also think we have enough talented keepers in MLS at his level or higher now.

Crepeau - Has been our 2nd choice for so long that it seems like he has inherited the starting role.  However, his play this season and being on a club like Portland leaves a lot to be desired.

Sirois - I believe could potentially be the starter right now based on skill.  His size is a bit of a concern but I think he makes up for it on athleticism.

St Clair - Has had some hot and cold streaks in his career so far.  He seems to be off to a very good start this season.  Last Canada camp, I thought he might be the one to drop but he’s been quite good for Minnesota this season to date.

Gavran - I really think he’s potentially our future starter.  I’ve heard a lot of great things about him and I’m sure we will see him play throughout this season but I’d be shocked if they don’t move on from Johnson and make him the starter next season.  He’s big and athletic.  He’s comfortable with the ball and can distribute well.  I do appreciate his height.  He made a couple difficult saves against Simcoe Rovers that a smaller keeper might not have been able to get to.  Similarly to some of Borjan’s full reaching saves during World Cup qualifying.

McGill - Needs to land somewhere decent in England and actually play.  He looks like a great shot stopper but his height is also a bit of a concern.

Breza - Seemed like he was poised to make a jump to National Team a couple years ago but has been 2nd choice to Sirius in his stints with Montreal.  Really needs an extended run of games to jump back into the conversation. 

Odunze - Gonna need to start seeing starts with the first team of Charlotte before he’s anywhere close to the conversation.

Goodman - Needs to land at a Championship level club before any consideration.

Im sure there’s a couple more prospects Im missing as well.

Edited by Corazon

All our GKs seems more or less interchangeable right now. Most of the MLS ones don't seem close to moving to Europe since they aren't anything special or anything that a team in Europe isn't already getting from their own players.

Based on form St. Clair would be my starter right now but I'm also not super enthused by it because he's shown to be very streaky.

4 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Just saw this- Sosa looks like the tallest of the 3, but hard to compare. Here’s what I saw, taken from last week:

Waterman is about 6’2 as well, and Sirois looks a bit shorter than him. 

DD77759B-B47D-4C8C-A224-2E358C697404.jpeg

Imagine our GF's, wives, partners et al doing this to us?  Comparing and counting every inch.....

• 2 weeks later...