Jonathan Sirois

Dominic94

• 2 weeks later...

He made one horrendous give away that led to a Waterman card and a resulting free kick that went off the post but other than that I thought he played well.  Not of the goals were his fault if I remember correctly.  Actually, I think he has played quite well in spite of the score lines of the matches.

• 3 weeks later...

The keeper situation is interesting.  Max is obviously a solid option as long as he fully recover and St Clair gets lots of attention as well.  But we also have Sirois and Hasal as two young MLS starters - not to mention the other young keepers that get discussed.  I know some of them have been shaky at times but that is still a nice pipeline of depth that is getting established.   By the time 2026 rolls around we could have a very respectable pool of keepers.  

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Confidence does wonders, fantastic performance apart from his mistake on the first goal.  Whether he's #3, #2 or the starter, he should 100% be in the Nations League roster over someone like McGill

Why? Sirois is definitely impressing, but a 23 year-old #2 keeper in the best league in the world should definitely be ahead on the depth chart vs. the starter for a lower-half MLS side. It's not even close.

He was straight up out of his mind the first half last night. It could've been like 3-0 for Whitecaps before the half, he really made some amazing saves.

Again, the third keeper spot is irrelevant. Bigger chance McGill develops into a keeper for a better team than an MLS one, and if he doesn't, well, we can call in Sirois- he isn't going anywhere.