Jonathan Sirois

Dominic94

• 3 weeks later...

Watching him tonight, he was frozen on that Bernadeschi bender and then beaten again by the Italian on that right footer to the far corner.  I thought they were good strikes for goals.  However, they were a couple of crosses, one in particular, where I thought he really should have caught them and immediately eliminated the threat.  In comparison, with the Caps, Crepeau had pretty velcro hands in dealing with those.  Not sure if he's more of a puncher usually but if Sirois is, it is something I hope he can improve upon.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MauditYvon said:

Some will say that he cost 2 points to his team tonight, but truth is he gained them one.

And he's earned a tonne of other points on his own this year as well.  He makes so few mistakes, It's hard to even hold this against him.  Especially when compared to the previous keepers CFM has had.  He's earned that kind of respect.

• 5 months later...
35 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Crepeau , st clair, sirois once Borjan retires? 

If you mean, in that order, I am not sure Sirois couldn’t make a case to be #2 at some point.  Dayne is a big dude and seems to have streaks where he is really good but has beg been consistently better than Sirois?   Not sure about that.   Realistically you are prob right since Dayne has already been part of the set up for a while but it wouldn’t surprise me if Sirois stakes a claim for the backup.  

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If you mean, in that order, I am not sure Sirois couldn’t make a case to be #2 at some point.  Dayne is a big dude and seems to have streaks where he is really good but has beg been consistently better than Sirois?   Not sure about that.   Realistically you are prob right since Dayne has already been part of the set up for a while but it wouldn’t surprise me if Sirois stakes a claim for the backup.  

Nope. Didnt mean in that order. Could definitely see Sirois as number 2. 

Edited by king1010

There is no question he is ahead of Dayne.  Only person that could and should be considered ahead of him is Crepeau. 

What doesn’t help Sirois, is Biello should be playing Choiniere vs average concacaf teams, and needs to play the best natural DM which is Piette vs better teams, but if all that happens he’ll get accused of favouritism. 

Edited by costarg

4 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

He's honestly a great goalie. Makes the saves you need him too. 

I'm surprised there hasn't been euro interest as of yet. I suspect his size is one thing that could hold him back in that regard.

I was listening to the Dallas broadcast and those unbiased commentators were saying that Sirios will be in Europe next year.

On 3/2/2024 at 8:49 PM, Dominic94 said:

2 starts and 2 monster games, he looks like the long term heir to the throne, and is the goalie of the year in mls so far. 

It’s early but he could end up being something really good. He’s got to get a call sooner than later.

4 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I was listening to the Dallas broadcast and those unbiased commentators were saying that Sirios will be in Europe next year.

On 3/2/2024 at 8:55 PM, costarg said:

There is no question he is ahead of Dayne.  Only person that could and should be considered ahead of him is Crepeau. 

What doesn’t help Sirois, is Biello should be playing Choiniere vs average concacaf teams, and needs to play the best natural DM which is Piette vs better teams, but if all that happens he’ll get accused of favouritism. 

On 3/2/2024 at 8:41 PM, phil03 said:

Another humongous performance by Sirois tonight. I am biased as an Impact fan but IMO there is a very real case for him as CMNT number one, even at such a young age.

At the very least there is no excuse to not call him, even it might very still not happen...

I never watched the game but I did see the highlights and the question of whether he could be the number 1 right now crossed my mind as well. I am not an Impact fan either, so this isn't some biased take based on club allegiance. Like most I think he deserves the 3rd spot with us moving on from Borjan, but based on club form there isn't a reason why he should automatically be 3rd choice.

All 3 MLS candidates are solid and have now built up a nice resume in the league, so at this point may the best keeper win? I get there is seniority to consider with Crepeau and St. Clair to a lesser extent, but Sirois should have the opportunity to play his way right into the no. 1 spot. And with a new coach coming in at some point, this could perhaps happen.