Jonathan Sirois

Dominic94

Jonathan Sirois

Goalkeeper CF Montreal, Born  June 27th 2001

My apologies if there’s another thread, he could be the next in what is becoming a long line of CF keepers who play for the national team, probably the guy who will fight Nogueira, and the Le Havre keeper for the #1 spot in 2023 Qualifying.

Rumoured to be going on loan to Valour of CPL for the 2021 season:

They had a 15 year old GK training with them who is likely one of their next homegrown signings and rumours that Breza is finally coming on loan in some capacity. Would think there’s some legs to this as they have a goalie glut and will likely continue to have one. Not sure how good he’s supposed to be but he would be a U-21 for Valour.

• 2 months later...
Just now, Bison44 said:

But why wouldnt they give Breza a shot if Diop needed a rest??  Leave Sirois where he is getting steady games, growing etc.  I would like to see what Breza can do.  

They may need him to be the back up if Pantemis is called up? How many other keepers do they have?

When he was signed they were very high on him, he’s probably about to be passed by their 2005 who was at camp.

Diop is likely to be the last international goal keeper that Montreal has for a while…

between Pantemis, Breza, Siriois, Vezina and then the Montreal based GK’s in the Can PL, they have lots of GK’s to choose from.

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

When he was signed they were very high on him, he’s probably about to be passed by their 2005 who was at camp.

Diop is likely to be the last international goal keeper that Montreal has for a while…

between Pantemis, Breza, Siriois, Vezina and then the Montreal based GK’s in the Can PL, they have lots of GK’s to choose from.

This seems familiar, and must have been pointed out. But there is a goalie named Vezina? Seems destined for greatness, or to be overshadowed by a namesake, it's hard to tell.

13 hours ago, Kent said:

This seems familiar, and must have been pointed out. But there is a goalie named Vezina? Seems destined for greatness, or to be overshadowed by a namesake, it's hard to tell.

I’m pretty sure it was vezina 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Is it too early to pencil him into the U23 squad for 2024 Olympic Qualifying? :D

Who are our best keepers that are presently '01s or younger?

Not soon enough, good question. Maybe Curjica ? I think there’s one in EDM who isn’t far off from playing and there’s Bohemer and Gazdov who are vey highly rated from the west of Canada.