Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The realistic one: in any case, there is no evidence there is no money for camps. There was money for a preview camp in January that got cancelled for Covid. It was not spent in the end, not the flights, not the hotels in Florida, nothing was spent. 

Herdman is not stupid.  Why would he not want to run youth camps?  It absolutely makes no sense.

Any time the issue of “not enough camps” is remotely brought up and responded to, they have claimed that they don’t have the funds.  Do you think they are being misleading and just too lazy to organize these camps?   No way.

Even if they didn’t spend money in January, that money may have been diverted elsewhere by now… perhaps to the Senior team for WC prep?

How will Herdman raise money for our youth program?  Any additional revenue goes straight to the CSB overlords. This is one more reason why it makes sense that Herdman was supporting the players side in the conflict… from his standpoint the CSB deal is horrible because the money available to the national programs is capped.  

20 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

This is a team going to the WC and a nation on the rise in world soccer and a lack of funds to do youth camps is BS. Find the fucking money!!!!

If there was ever a time to push your chips into the middle and go all in on a youth program...now seems like the time.  Admittedly I am sure that is easier said than done. And money alone will not solve everything.

Do we have a youth plan? Roadmap? How is our current youth setup helping for 2026 and beyond? 

8 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Let's also hope that Jebbison begins to play better. He has had a very quiet season and has not played a lot.

My gut says this is why he isn't with Canada. I think he and Herdman both understand his future is Canada, but if he's not going to play he may as well beef up the resume with England youth camps. As a fan I want him with us asap, but I understand the hesitation to switch right now.

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Lots of the guys In that squad playing at a similar level are getting more minutes.

All the other forwards maybe bar Iling-Junior are seen as having much greater potential than what we’ve seen from Jebbison IMO. I’m not exactly surprised he didn’t get off the bench today. I think he’s going to get squeezed out of the English youth system soon and then joins us once Sheffield let him get professional playing time again 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he was injured in training on the weekend.  FotMob is saying Ligament damage and out until mid December but the article I read says it will only be a few weeks.

From article:

Youngster Daniel Jebbison is also facing time on the sidelines after picking up a ligament injury in training.

Heckingbottom added: "Similar to Ossie [Ben Osborn] when he played at West Brom and he put his foot down someone stood on the back of his leg, Jebbo has planted his own foot taking a shot, no one around him and he's damaged a ligament. "He's going to be a few weeks."

More Sheffield United injury worry as Oli McBurnie operation and Daniel Jebbison add to woes (msn.com)

Was just in the Corbeanu thread and my mind drifted to a similar young Canadian in the Championship: Daniel Jebbison.

Twelve months ago it seemed to me he could be further along than Theo. Daniel, after getting 4 matches in the EPL, was 18 and firing on all cylinders out on loan, scoring goals consistently in League One, while Corbeanu, who was 19 and also out on loan, was playing regularly, but out of position, for a manager who seemingly didn't fully trust him.

Fast forward to today and the tables have turned. Theo is a regular (but not locked in) starter for Blackpool, and he's got 3 goals to his name in 13 games, getting some assists along the way, and he's impressively leading the Championship in successful dibbles, not too shaby. Jebbison, meanwhile, has played just 2 matches all season and neither of those two appearances have been starts. No goals, obviously. I think he is/was injured as well.

So yeah, Corbeanu is flying and it's not a very good start to the season for Jebbo. This makes me question who's the better prospect. At one time I thought it was probably Jebbison, but his development has stalled. I think he'll still be a solid player, eventually, probably a Championship regular or better during next WC cycle, and hopefully a Canadian international by then as well. But for me, things have now flipped and Corbeanu is the more exciting of the two. 

This is basically a Corbeanu appreciation post, placed in the Jebbision thread to contrast the two to illustrate "The Importance of Theo Corbeanu" (thread name change, anyone?).

Cheers!

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Was just in the Corbeanu thread and my mind drifted to similar young Canadian in the Championship: Daniel Jebbison.

Twelve months ago it seemed to me he could be further along Theo. He was 18 and firing on all cylinders, scoring goals consistently in League One, while Corbeanu, who was 19, was playing regularly, but out of position, for a manager who seemingly didn't fully trust him.

Fast forward to today and the tables have turned. Theo is a regular (but not locked in) starter for Blackpool, and he's got 3 goals to his name in 13 games, getting some assists as well as leading the Championship in successful dibbles, not too shaby. Jebbison, meanwhile, has played just 2 matches all season and neither of those two appearances have been starts. No goals, obviously. I think he is/was injured as well.

So yeah, Corbeanu is flying and it's not a very good start to the season for Jebbo. This makes me question who's the better prospect. At one time I thought it was probably Jebbison, but his development has stalled. I think he'll still be a solid player, Championship regular or better during the next cycle, and hopefully a Canadian international by then as well. 

This is basically a Corbeanu appreciation post, placed in the Jebbision thread to contrast the two to illustrate "The Importance of Theo Corbeanu" (thread name change, anyone?).

Cheers!

The comparison is too simplified. SU is a much, much bigger club and has spent way more $ to push for a promotion. Blackpool will be happy if they don’t get relegated. Doubtful Sheffield would have taken Corbeanu on loan and given him many minutes either.

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

The comparison is too simplified. SU is a much, much bigger club and has spent way more $ to push for a promotion. Blackpool will be happy if they don’t get relegated. Doubtful Sheffield would have taken Corbeanu on loan and given him many minutes either.

I get that, but I still compare the two in my mind, simply because they are two players with the potential to become "Teir 1" players for Canada. They have a lot of differences, not doubt, but I liken them together on those grounds. 

Also, their development paths are what they are, do you know what I mean? Yes SU is a much bigger club than Blackpool, so if the roles were reveresed Theo would probably struggle to get into the SU team and Jebbison would perhaps be a starter scoring goals, but that's just fantasy and not the reality of the situation. The longer this continues the further Theo pulls ahead of Jebbison in terms of development and readiness to impact Canada, most importantly.  

Good for Theo and Wolves for finding the right situation. Hopefully SU can likewise find a good situation for Jebbison. 

Edited by Obinna

Also, how nice is it that we have a 20 year old Canadian leading the Championship in dribbles, who by the way may not make the World Cup squad because we are so deep in attack? 

Then, we have another Canadian waiting-in-the-wings who is 19 and regularly making the bench for the leaders of the Championship who are early favourites to gain promotion to the EPL. 

Pretty good situation for Canada!