Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Then, we have another Canadian waiting-in-the-wings who is 19 and regularly making the bench for the leaders of the Championship who are early favourites to gain promotion to the EPL. 

Pretty good situation for Canada!

Unfortunately we don't have any Canadians at QPR this season:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/championship/table

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I get that, but I still compare the two in my mind, simply because they are two players with the potential to become "Teir 1" players for Canada. They have a lot of differences, not doubt, but I liken them together on those grounds. 

Also, their development paths are what they are, do you know what I mean? Yes SU is a much bigger club than Blackpool, so if the roles were reveresed Theo would probably struggle to get into the SU team and Jebbison would perhaps be a starter scoring goals, but that's just fantasy and not the reality of the situation. The longer this continues the further Theo pulls ahead of Jebbison in terms of development and readiness to impact Canada, most importantly.  

Good for Theo and Wolves for finding the right situation. Hopefully SU can likewise find a good situation for Jebbison. 

And this is the exact reason i'm happy with David at Lille and Stache at Porto.  Making it to a bigger team/league is not always in the best interest of CANMNT.

• 1 month later...

What's he been up to? Is 2023 the year he turns Canadian? Does he need to play and score more for Sheffield to earn a Canada call? With Nations League and Gold Cup this year, not much room for gift gaps, especially up front. Akinola and possibly someone like Pacius are waiting in the wings at the 9 spot. Does Jebbison need a loan back to League One in January? And does scoring there put him back on the radar or does he need to do it in the Championship (like Corbeanu)? So many questions with him...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Canucks abroad thread seemed to suggest he had a good showing against QPR (sorry @gator).

More of that and he's possibly in CMNT contention? I imagine he was one of those dual nationals ringing up Herdman after Belgium. He wasn't ahead of Cavallini or Ugbo at the time, but if he keeps getting minutes in the Championship, for a team headed for promotion, he could sneak past Ugbo or Cavallini (or both), especially if the goals start coming. 

7 minutes ago, BigMo said:

Cool, professional finish. Surely we have to cap him as soon as possible.

Hard not to see the value in a tall, young striker who is clearly capable of playing at the Championship level.  Not to reduce it to physical attributes but he is listed at 6’3” - we simply don’t have a guy with that sort of profile playing at anything like that level.  He would open up a lot of tactical possibilities in terms of letting us switch up for the occasional long ball, potentially be a ball-winner to pair with David, etc.   

If he can consistently produce in the Championship, I think he becomes priority #1 in terms getting him on board.  

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

No rush. He needs to start more often and contribute like this. He will be ours when we want him,he will have dropped off the England radar almost completely by now. 

I think the real danger would be if he still sees himself in consideration for a possible England call up and decides to wait.  SU are currently in an automatic promotion spot so he could, potentially be part of an EPL squad next season.  I know how many new recruits are often brought in by a promoted team but it is still conceivable.  If he is 20 and getting sub minutes in the PL, he may choose to keep his options open to see how the next few years go.  If he was on board for Canada, I would rather get in involved and cap him.   It isn’t like we are throwing a cap away on some kid playing in an obscure backwater division - this is a guy who would basically be in the mix for a depth striker role based on the level he is playing at.  Throw in his age and future growth potential and for me it is a bit of a no brainer.  

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think the real danger would be if he still sees himself in consideration for a possible England call up and decides to wait.  SU are currently in an automatic promotion spot so he could, potentially be part of an EPL squad next season.  I know how many new recruits are often brought in by a promoted team but it is still conceivable.  If he is 20 and getting sub minutes in the PL, he may choose to keep his options open to see how the next few years go.  If he was on board for Canada, I would rather get in involved and cap him.   It isn’t like we are throwing a cap away on some kid playing in an obscure backwater division - this is a guy who would basically be in the mix for a depth striker role based on the level he is playing at.  Throw in his age and future growth potential and for me it is a bit of a no brainer.  

This.

If he is being projected as a future Canmnt starter then caping him now is a no-brainer. 

I know herdman talks about earning it. But when he feels a player has "it" he tries to cap him right away. Just look at Kone and Kolesho.

Was Jebo the one who was supposed to commit before the League of Nations mathes then baked out?

There was a big duel nat that was to commit then backed out at the last min. This is per Peter Ggolindo. 

1 hour ago, Vasi said:

This.

If he is being projected as a future Canmnt starter then caping him now is a no-brainer. 

I know herdman talks about earning it. But when he feels a player has "it" he tries to cap him right away. Just look at Kone and Kolesho.

Was Jebo the one who was supposed to commit before the League of Nations mathes then baked out?

There was a big duel nat that was to commit then backed out at the last min. This is per Peter Ggolindo. 

That's the guy. Herdman was barely hiding his frustration...reading between the lines, it sounds like his agent or manager convinced him to stay in England U20 team because it improves his career path in EPL.

9 hours ago, Vasi said:

This.

There were rumours that Mitrovic actually filled out the paperwork.

I don't think Jebbison has been called yet, his position is very competitive for the CMNT.

5 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

There were rumours that Mitrovic actually filled out the paperwork.

I don't think Jebbison has been called yet, his position is very competitive for the CMNT.

Rumours or lies from his dad?

And honestly considering the status of Cavallini, Ugbo and Larin at the club level there is an opportunity for someone to move up the depth chart and supplant them. Of course Jebbison has not done much this year