Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

He is still eligible to play for England in the UEFA U-21 Championship next summer I think.

But the qualifying is over for that.

True, it's for 2000- born players, but he would also need to displace players like Harvey Elliot, Angel Gomes, Keane Lewis-Potter, Folarin Balogu, Anthony Gordon etc. who are playing equal or (sometimes a lot) more minutes at higher levels than he is.   Assuming they don't move up a level (or go elsewhere) of course.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

True, it's for 2000- born players, but he would also need to displace players like Harvey Elliot, Angel Gomes, Keane Lewis-Potter, Folarin Balogu, Anthony Gordon etc. who are playing equal or (sometimes a lot) more minutes at higher levels than he is.   Assuming they don't move up a level (or go elsewhere) of course.

Just to add, I don't think Jebbo is good enough for England. 

7 hours ago, Mitchryan11 said:

Good to see positive reviews for Corbeanu. In every interview I’ve heard he seems grounded and knows he needs to keep learning and improving if he wants to get to the top levels of the game. 

Just a question, was this accidentally posted in the wrong thread or is there a link to Jebbison that I’m missing?

8 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Good to see positive reviews for Corbeanu. In every interview I’ve heard he seems grounded and knows he needs to keep learning and improving if he wants to get to the top levels of the game. 

Just a question, was this accidentally posted in the wrong thread or is there a link to Jebbison that I’m missing?

yeah and they wouldnt let me delete the thread

Man, I feel for the kid. He posts a picture of his dad getting recognized, and every single reply is CANMNT fans yelling at him to commit or calling him our next star player or whatever, guy is just trying to recognize his dad, haha.

But to join the masses in fuelling the rumour mill, I noticed he liked the viral tweet of Laryea manhandling Chicharito. He loves the intensity his future teammate brings to the squad.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Man, I feel for the kid. He posts a picture of his dad getting recognized, and every single reply is CANMNT fans yelling at him to commit or calling him our next star player or whatever, guy is just trying to recognize his dad, haha.

But to join the masses in fuelling the rumour mill, I noticed he liked the viral tweet of Laryea manhandling Chicharito. He loves the intensity his future teammate brings to the squad.

We are finally a soccer nation lol

Unless it's just the same few people, which then makes us a small bunch of weirdos haha

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Isn't that what Twitter is for? Yelling I mean? Ha ha. Here's the link if anyone cares to join in the chorus:

Also very interesting to me as I'm a Manitoban and I just assumed since he was born in Toronto that Ontario would be his only ties to Canada. Enjoyed the shoutout for real.
Edited by PegCityCam

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

We are finally a soccer nation lol

Unless it's just the same few people, which then makes us a small bunch of weirdos haha

My thoughts exactly, lol. I've at least heard a few Americans comment about how every single Canada eligible player can't post anything to social media without a ton of Canadians just hounding them. Reminds me of how every band that announces a tour can expect a deluge of "come to brazil" replies.

That's what I'm saying- we need to, as a soccer nation start being loud and brash like a true sports nation. Yell at every dual national to commit. Irrationally hate those who've turned their backs on us. Embrace everyone we have. Remind Jebbison that he'll win more with Canada than a perennially disappointing England side. Hell, he has the OVO logo in his twitter handle, can't Herdman call up Drake, who I assume he now knows personally, to get the job done? If the Raptors can pay Drake to wear his elaborate outfits courtside every game, surely the CSB has a couple dollars to get Drake to work the phones a little bit.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

My thoughts exactly, lol. I've at least heard a few Americans comment about how every single Canada eligible player can't post anything to social media without a ton of Canadians just hounding them. Reminds me of how every band that announces a tour can expect a deluge of "come to brazil" replies.

That's what I'm saying- we need to, as a soccer nation start being loud and brash like a true sports nation. Yell at every dual national to commit. Irrationally hate those who've turned their backs on us. Embrace everyone we have. Remind Jebbison that he'll win more with Canada than a perennially disappointing England side. Hell, he has the OVO logo in his twitter handle, can't Herdman call up Drake, who I assume he now knows personally, to get the job done? If the Raptors can pay Drake to wear his elaborate outfits courtside every game, surely the CSB has a couple dollars to get Drake to work the phones a little bit.

MediaPro is originally out of spain, so they'll need to get someone like Enrique Iglesias to help us. I'm sure he would!

Found this floating around YouTube. My apologies if it's been previously posted. Interesting to hear him speak on his journey. Didn't know he moved at 14 which to me may suggest that he still has strong ties to Canada🤞 (not to mention his recent twitter post about his pops, clearly he's a proud son). For some reason I thought he had moved when he was a lot younger and was thrown when he started talking in Canuckish, though he seems to have picked up a slight English (Sheff?) accent.

5 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Found this floating around YouTube. My apologies if it's been previously posted. Interesting to hear him speak on his journey. Didn't know he moved at 14 which to me may suggest that he still has strong ties to Canada🤞 (not to mention his recent twitter post about his pops, clearly he's a proud son). For some reason I thought he had moved when he was a lot younger and was thrown when he started talking in Canuckish, though he seems to have picked up a slight English (Sheff?) accent.

When they interviewed him after his goal in the Premier League, everyone was surprised/semi upset at his "American" accent.  

The Yorkshire accent is pretty strong - think Sean Bean in some things - so it would not surprising if he picked up some. 

Sean Bean milking it a bit but you get the idea - 

https://youtu.be/8cipMoGKXGE

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

My thoughts are: Come to Besiktas