Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

Just now, Chad_Impact said:

Does he deserve a call up right now? 

I think Herdman takes advantage of having the camp in Europe and brings in a lot of Europe-based players. To answer your question, I don't know, but this is a unique opportunity to have a look at some players that we probably wouldn't with a camp in North America.

This would be a great development.  With Cav’s recent shenanigans, Akinola underperforming so far, and Larin on the subs bench at Brugge (and often played a bit wider), a guy like Jebbison could see the potential he has to stake a claim as a key attacker for Canada in the short to medium term (probably not for Qatar barring some crazy developments but potentially quickly thereafter).  

If you assume David is locked in for the next decade, Jebbison would be competing with Ugbo and other others mentioned above - and may feel that he has good odds of moving above lots of them in the pecking order.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

1 minute ago, Shway said:

I want every Canadian possible to play for Canada.

That being said, he’s joining at a time where a lot of our attackers aren’t either playing or in form.

So does he DESERVE a call up? Probably No…But does he deserve a look? I’ll say 100%.

With the Cavallini situation a spot could possibly open up.

But he still has to do more in the next few weeks than he has done at the start of this season 

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

With the Cavallini situation a spot could possibly open up.

But he still has to do more in the next few weeks than he has done at the start of this season 

Wait….what Cavallini situation? He’s having a career MLS year. 

Are you guys really trying to banish him for what he did, despite his performances this season?

I prefer Canada to have the mighty ducks story, and he’s one half of the bash bros.

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Wait….what Cavallini situation? He’s having a career MLS year. 

Are you guys really trying to banish him for what he did, despite his performances this season?

I prefer Canada to have the mighty ducks story, and he’s one half of the bash bros.

Ya. Maybe you are right.

But it feels like he may be too erratic.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Ya. Maybe you are right.

But it feels like he may be too erratic.

He may be erratic, dramatic, sporadic, or asthmatic. He’s only expected to play the dog minutes, and from what I’ve seen of him this season -I want him as an option.

No Jebbison, or Akinola. 

I need the menace who’s also been scoring.

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

If he followed us and unfollowed England i think that means shit happened 

Not a big social media guy or have any insider info, but since the England u19s are starting qualification for next year's Euro tournament and Jebbison is too old for that...and if he didn't get a call up the age groups, he would have oppurtunity and motivation to at least test the waters.