Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

18 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

When they interviewed him after his goal in the Premier League, everyone was surprised/semi upset at his "American" accent.  

The Yorkshire accent is pretty strong - think Sean Bean in some things - so it would not surprising if he picked up some. 

Sean Bean milking it a bit but you get the idea - 

https://youtu.be/8cipMoGKXGE

Sounds like he's from Southern Ontario but you hear an English accent bleed through on occasion. 

2 hours ago, Macksam said:

Sounds like he's from Southern Ontario but you hear an English accent bleed through on occasion. 

That was my take.  I was just listening for bits of which English accent.

The local team he talks about, where his family settled, is about half way between Birmingham and Sheffield.  People from that area - Derbyshire - would say they have their own accent and they probably do but to my limited hearing, they sound a lot more Birmingham than Sheffield (South Yorkshire).

I was just speculating that since the Yorkshire accent can be strong and distinct, he certainly could pick that up.

That said, there is also a general young people English accent that I have heard from all over and I think heard a bit of that. Though he doesn't use "innit" every second word.

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

That was my take.  I was just listening for bits of which English accent.

The local team he talks about, where his family settled, is about half way between Birmingham and Sheffield.  People from that area - Derbyshire - would say they have their own accent and they probably do but to my limited hearing, they sound a lot more Birmingham than Sheffield (South Yorkshire).

I was just speculating that since the Yorkshire accent can be strong and distinct, he certainly could pick that up.

That said, there is also a general young people English accent that I have heard from all over and I think heard a bit of that. Though he doesn't use "innit" every second word.

The technical term being Multicultural London English.

44 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

rosterbate non-stop

That's what I do when I watch videos on SoccerHub.

You will find"dual-national action" if you look through my search history.

Edit:

If I get too excited, I finish with Jizz Hornkamp in my roster in the end, even though he isn't Canadian.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, narduch said:

This guy won't play for us until 5 years from now if his chances for the full England senior team are dead

Yeah, this isn’t good. If you’re not willing to accept a call to your country before a World Cup and would rather play u20 for England you can’t be serious. It’s honestly pretty insulting. 

Putting the 6ix in his bio too. Like come on. You’re playing youth ball for another country get real.

Edited by CanadaFan123

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yeah, this isn’t good. If you’re not willing to accept a call to your country before a World Cup and would rather play u20 for England you can’t be serious. It’s honestly pretty insulting

Or, he thinks he's English because he's grown up there. If that's the case, so long and good luck.

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yeah, this isn’t good. If you’re not willing to accept a call to your country before a World Cup and would rather play u20 for England you can’t be serious. It’s honestly pretty insulting. 

Putting the 6ix in his bio too. Like come on. You’re playing youth ball for another country get real.

We are speculating.

Its possible Herdman has decided he hasn't done enough to earn a call.

It is getting a lot harder to make our team now.

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Who would be ahead? Hes played 91 minutes this season.