Tajon Buchanan

nolando

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

The draft is such a crap shoot.  Short seasons against dodgy opposition, who knows exactly what you are getting.  TFC has drafted plenty of CDN though, just not the ones that have stuck around in MLS.  

True. Gloire Amanda is the top-ranked player in NCAA for some at the moment. But then his team is not really up there, and their results are good but not great. Sure, PAC-10, competitive enough as well. He is also not a kid anymore, went to NCAA a bit late so has a bit of an age edge.

What I am saying: he'll likely get drafted high, if it happens; but we know, as Canada fans, that he is not likely to be our top striking prospect or even near in the u-23 bracket. Unless he totally surprises us. What is going to happen, the Caps are going to take him again after he was in their academy already? Or they pass on him and he has a breakout year in Austin or whatever when he finally makes MLS? And then we get into all this hindsight wisdom about passing on a Canadian? Not so clear to me.

Crap shoot, as you say.

(I personally like what Rob Friend did, went from Santa Barbara, was drafted in fourth round by Fire, passed on them and went to Norway, ended up with a Bundesliga 2 career).

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

12 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Unfortunately, nobody is providing names of clubs.  Thats what i want to hear.   The blanket statement “there is interest in Europe” just doesnt reasonate with me.   who is interested?  Thats what i want to hear.  

edit.;  just realised in that report,  they did name names.

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

Unfortunately, nobody is providing names of clubs.  Thats what i want to hear.   The blanket statement “there is interest in Europe” just doesnt reasonate with me.   who is interested?  Thats what i want to hear.  

edit.;  just realised in that report,  they did name names.

For those of us outside Canada that cannot watch the report, could you name the names they named?

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't know, I think he has his heart set on playing at Ashton Gate or Kirklees.

(My wife says its one of my biggest faults, the way I'll beleaguer a point for a laugh, but I'm too old to change now)

My wife says one of my biggest faults is that I don't listen when she speaks (or something like that).😀

• 1 month later...

I think right now he is a player that is first off the bench when Canada needs to make a change to the starting 11. This is the kind of depth the national team has missed over the years . Moreover, if he keeps improving who knows where he can end up in Europe and can eventually fight in becoming a permanent starter with the national team. If Canada can make the final eight I believe players like him and even a guy like Pasher will play a role in the final round and can be difference makers . That’s why making the final round is so crucial on so many levels .

11 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

Absolute beauty!  But wow, what was the keeper thinking?  Expecting a pass, but no one was there to pass to.  Great on Tajon for taking the shot, but I credit this one to the keepers lack of spacial awareness.

39 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Great move to lose the defender and amazing goal (especially seeing the entire move in slow-mo) but what the hell was the goalie doing on that? It’s like he was diving out of the way of the ball.

Looked like the GK was anticipating a cross on the ground or a cutback to trailing Revs players. It was such a bad angle that the GK probably didn't think TB would take a shot

10 hours ago, Macksam said:

Probably goal of the week.

He should be given a starring role at the GC.

It’s tough with these guys. A good GC showing could put him in the shop window, but so can continued form with his team. 

My wish is that we could see a best u25 team for the gold cup - including Davies, and David...but you know.