Octavio Zambrano

RJB

15 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

We aren't the only team in CONCACAF that has dual-nationals that would start on our team. If Jamaica got all of their dual nationals they'd be ahead of us. The issue for countries like us, Jamaica, FG, Curacao, El Salvador, etc. is actually getting the players. We'd be lucky to get 3 of those 7 players.

Who does jamaica have ?

15 hours ago, SpecialK said:

your right about Jamaica. One of Canada's huge issue is not getting these players, it's going out and talking to these players. How many times have we read duel nations coming out and saying, they were never asked to come play or they forgotten about or they were never found at a young age and by the time the CSA comes by it's too late. I worry about the young duel nations like for example: Matthew Roberts, Tristan Jumeau ( I bet the CSA knows nothing about him), Sebastian Breza. 

They know about Breza, and likely the other 2.

19 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Don't forget about Cristante and Ferreira.  They would be nice additions as well and it sounds like Oz is reaching out to everyone that could help.

When did he say this ?

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Who does jamaica have ?

More of England's national team prospects than I can name. Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Danny Rose, Aaron Lennon, Raheem Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Daniel Sturridge were all Jamaican eligible.

Current non-capped dual nationals: Rolando Aarons, Kyle Bartley, Tyler Blackett, Frazier Campbell, Nathan Dyer, Dwight Gayle, Demarai Gray, Karl Henry, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Reece Oxford and tons more.

Edited by harrycoyster

Keeping this thread to discuss Zambrano's tendencies as manager:

Played a 4-1-4-1 vs FG. 

Lineup was logical with players mostly starting at their best positions. Took a chance with Petrasso at RB but we have no established starter there (having played Ledgerwood, Henry, Dixon, and Aird there in recent years). 

Took a chance on starting young Davies at RM. Subs were logical and timely. Nothing to complain about so far!

3 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

What a turn around in this team. It has to come down to manager. They look confident in themselves and every man is playing above their level. Incredible.

Many player personnel changes too. Young players coming into the squad and being given a chance plus Arfield really settling in with the team.

Of course, a lot of that is manager-related as well.

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

I'm not sold on his substitution choices. Ricketts came on as a winger, and Aird came on for Davies instead of Edwards. He also took forever to get Hoilett off even though he was ineffective when Canada needed him the most.

Hoilett was going to come off earlier until Davies got hurt. Cavillani was always going to come on as the striker for hold up and aerial superiority. Ricketts wasn't going to be the CF, rather the guy to run down the wings and stretch the tired opposition and help out the fullbacks. Aird instead of Edwards I don't see an issue with. 

Edited by king1010

This might not be the best spot for this but I'll go with it anyway.   I really love what OZ has done with converting Petrasso to a RB.  Mike has looked great there considering the fact that I'm not sure if he's ever lined up there before this tournament.  It reminds me of manager Jorge Jesus at Benfica moving another underperforming attacking winger back into a fullback position: Fabio Coentrao.

And that's worked out very well, both for Portugal and the clubs he's played for.   I could see Petrasso staying there and continuing to improve and evolve at his new position.   Lord knows it's much better for us than putting another CB back there as other managers have tried!!

1 minute ago, Acid-Tone said:

This might not be the best spot for this but I'll go with it anyway.   I really love what OZ has done with converting Petrasso to a RB.  Mike has looked great there considering the fact that I'm not sure if he's ever lined up there before this tournament.  It reminds me of manager Jorge Jesus at Benfica moving another underperforming attacking winger back into a fullback position: Fabio Coentrao.

And that's worked out very well, both for Portugal and the clubs he's played for.   I could see Petrasso staying there and continuing to improve and evolve at his new position.   Lord knows it's much better for us than putting another CB back there as other managers have tried!!

does anyone know who the current right back at QPR is?

1 hour ago, Acid-Tone said:

Calculated risk that has paid off so far. Petrasso has been very good: athletic and a good ball handler, but also good positioning and not being beaten cleanly 1v1. Lots much calmer than Aird every did at that position. 

17 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Many player personnel changes too. Young players coming into the squad and being given a chance plus Arfield really settling in with the team.

Of course, a lot of that is manager-related as well.

He also has better players at his disposal though. The 3 goals of Davies were kinda crucial for all results. Moreover he benefits of the work Floor already did (for instance, bringing guys like Vitoria, Arfield and Hoilett into the fold). 

Not saying he's bad at all, but it's not that cause he has a couple of results he's God and Floro didn't do shit. 

12 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

.And that's worked out very well, both for Portugal and the clubs he's played for.   I could see Petrasso staying there and continuing to improve and evolve at his new position.   Lord knows it's much better for us than putting another CB back there as other managers have tried!!

But another CB should be better in defending basics and, especially, decision making, no?  I mean, if Petrasso plays out the remainder of the tourney in a competent manner from a defensive standpoint, what does that say about Henry's overall defensive abilities?

Petrasso is playing well, the Right back  position pool is getting better. We got Juan Córdova, Marcus Godinho, Fraser Aird, Zachary Brault-Guillard and Will Johnson has show he can play well at right back. Also if someone could  convince Michael Smith to come play for canada that would be huge because he could allow our young players to grow and develop,  not just thrown into them fire right away . I believe Canada's right back problem is no more. 

I want to believe that too, Cristante would be an massive upgrade to a central field and he's young too. You would think Ferreira would be easier to  convince because he was born in Canada, grew up and played in Toronto. Cristián Gutiérrez would be a huge upgrade at LB. De Jong has served Canada well but he's getting old. 

Canada needs to Win the gold cup or as least get the Finals.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic