Octavio Zambrano

RJB

2 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

I like all the scouting OZ is doing, but until I see these guys in red its no different then Floro. Its not like Floro didnt attempt to bring these guys on board either.

I'm not sure he actually did, we know it was Rob Gale that had a lot of the dialogue with Aird and Arfield.

edit: as matty pointed out it was Michael Findlay, not Rob Gale.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Obinna said:

I never understood why people were so critical of Bernier for the national team. There were several games he was as good or better than de Guzman. I don't honk it had anything to do with being francophone, why would it? More likely it was because he was "hidden away" in Denmark as you point out, but truth is he was always a very good player in Scandinavia and even at one point was close to a Besiktas move. I'm not surprised he's done well in MLS. He deserves the accolades and like a fine wine he seems to get better with age, or at least never experienced a big drop like de Guzman (who I really like btw, this is not to bash him).

I have been more impressed with him in the autumn of his career than say ten years ago with the nats.  Seemed a very inconsistent performer when wearing the Maple Leaf, perhaps because he had to fit into a supporting role alongside JDG and Hutchinson.

I don't think that you'll learn a lot except that he's brought tons of players for a camp. It's his first camp so he's taking a look at many players. I think it's hard to judge a manager with his first camp because he's new and he's seeing a lot of players. I think the Gold Cup squad will tell us more from his decision. Floro did the same thing for his first camp (Except not calling MLS players from playoff-bound teams but that's another story.)

• 5 weeks later...

Most important piece of info I took out of the Molinaro interview:

At the same time, we are allowing some our younger players, such as Juan Cordova [with Chilean team CD Huachipato], to play in their pre-seasons with their professional clubs so they have a better chance of securing a regular starting position, which in the end will have major benefits for Canada.

Cristante, Ferreira,Tomori, Wotherspoon, Ballou, C.Gutiérrez , Smith

if we added these players to our roster , OMG watch out CONCACAF. Canada would be a powerhouse hands down, top 3 for sure! It's kinda scary the  potential they could bring. And they are young, they could play for Canada for along time ! (  except Wotherspoon 27 and Smith 28) 

Edited by SpecialK

Also there are some players who are playing for other nations who are not cap tied yet. We have been victimized by other nations long enough, we should go out and recruit, go on the attack for once. 

Edited by SpecialK

12 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Cristante, Ferreira,Tomori, Wotherspoon, Ballou, C.Gutiérrez , Smith

if we added these players to our roster , OMG watch out CONCACAF. Canada would be a powerhouse hands down, top 3 for sure! It's kinda scary the  potential they could bring. And they are young, they could play for Canada for along time ! (  except Weatherspoon 27 and Smith 28) 

We aren't the only team in CONCACAF that has dual-nationals that would start on our team. If Jamaica got all of their dual nationals they'd be ahead of us. The issue for countries like us, Jamaica, FG, Curacao, El Salvador, etc. is actually getting the players. We'd be lucky to get 3 of those 7 players.

7 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

We aren't the only team in CONCACAF that has dual-nationals that would start on our team. If Jamaica got all of their dual nationals they'd be ahead of us. The issue for countries like us, Jamaica, FG, Curacao, El Salvador, etc. is actually getting the players. We'd be lucky to get 3 of those 7 players.

Pessimism's soooooooooo two thousand and floro. 

Give it a week or so when we are out of the Gold Cup without scoring again. <-- That's how its done.

18 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

your right about Jamaica. One of Canada's huge issue is not getting these players, it's going out and talking to these players. How many times have we read duel nations coming out and saying, they were never asked to come play or they forgotten about or they were never found at a young age and by the time the CSA comes by it's too late. I worry about the young duel nations like for example: Matthew Roberts, Tristan Jumeau ( I bet the CSA knows nothing about him), Sebastian Breza. 

Edited by SpecialK

In my opinion it's all about results here. If Canada does well in the gold cup (Makes the Quarterfinals for example) that's a win and very important progress wise. I am sure a lot people also would want new players abroad to commit to Canada but simply you cannot blame them for having doubts or post-poning their decision. Although for some playing for the national team may seem as an honour (which it is) for others it's not that important! 

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic