Zachary Brault-Guillard

PhillyCanuck

I love the CanCon on our MLS teams but he should be playing where he will get consistent starts. He is a talented player and needs to be playing every week.  In any other era, we would be ecstatic to have a guy like this (young guy, great pedigree, consistently performing in MLS when given the chance).  Just unfortunate that he is blocked by Johnston who has pretty much made himself indispensable for club and country. 

51 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I love the CanCon on our MLS teams but he should be playing where he will get consistent starts. He is a talented player and needs to be playing every week.  In any other era, we would be ecstatic to have a guy like this (young guy, great pedigree, consistently performing in MLS when given the chance).  Just unfortunate that he is blocked by Johnston who has pretty much made himself indispensable for club and country. 

Agree with this, but although I love our guys being at home, we also have to really start planting the seeds for more guys at Top 5 League clubs and that being the rule more than the exception. The more guys we have at that level the more scouts paying attention to Canadian players. 

And that's as obvious as a **** **** post. :)

Hope he ends up there, this is interesting.

A Small Club In Central France Is Developing One Of Europe’s Most Beautiful Stadiums
Clermont Foot is celebrating a first-ever promotion to Ligue 1 with a fitting glow up.
Connor Fleming the18.com July 7, 2021

France’s Clermont Foot is a forward-thinking club. Between 2014 and 2017, the side was managed by the current coach of the women’s national team, Corinne Diacre, making her the first woman to coach a men’s professional team in a competitive match in France.  

After Diacre left to take charge of France, she was replaced by Pascal Gastien. Under Gastien, Clermont finished second in Ligue 2 during the 2020-21 season, achieving promotion to the top division for the first time in its 110-year history.

Given the club’s previous lack of experience in the top division, it should come as no surprise that its home ground — the Stade Gabriel Montpied in Clermont-Ferrand — is an incredibly modest ground that seats a little over 10,000 and features only one permanent stand.

yBQVbuF.jpg

But that’s all changing with Clermont’s place in Ligue 1. With Atelier Ferret Architectures providing the vision, the club is launching a three-phase redevelopment plan that’s ultimately going to make the Stade Gabriel Montpied one of Europe’s most eye-catching grounds.

tZpNGni.jpg

j0NkV9O.jpg

ItOaL9h.jpg

ZPcz5sP.jpg

16,000 places and 30 million euros. Discover the extension of the Gabriel-Montpied Stadium!
Frederic Coureau lecourrierdesentreprises.fr November 16, 2019

The objective is to provide the territory with a stadium of 30,000 seats in the long term, sports equipment lacking in the territory to support the development of football and rugby clubs and to host international sporting events.

In May 2018, Olivier Bianchi, president of Clermont Auvergne Métropole, estimated the envelope necessary for the realization of phase 1 at 34 million euros.

“The idea would first be to build a 6,000-seat grandstand by 2022 with other infrastructure such as a forecourt or meeting rooms,  specifies Olivier Bianchi, president of Clermont Métropole. This first phase of development would cost around 34 million euros ”.

I figured he would find his way back to Ligue 1...

I think he should go for it. If they yoyo back and forth so be it. I don't think the prospect of being relegated should factor in.

I think if you are ZBG and you have a chance to move to Ligue 1, you take it.

Going down to Ligue 2 is not a bad level either if he winds up down there eventually.

2 hours ago, costarg said:

Giving this guy some much needed love.  Got an assist within 5 minutes of starting only his 2nd match all year.  Crazy to think a RWB with 2 goals and 2 assists in 298 minutes with only 2 starts is riding the bench. 

yup and he was probably a factor on the 2nd goal as well. From the highlights he seemed to be involved in every attacking play for CFM

On 6/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

16,000 places and 30 million euros. Discover the extension of the Gabriel-Montpied Stadium!
Frederic Coureau lecourrierdesentreprises.fr November 16, 2019

The objective is to provide the territory with a stadium of 30,000 seats in the long term, sports equipment lacking in the territory to support the development of football and rugby clubs and to host international sporting events.

In May 2018, Olivier Bianchi, president of Clermont Auvergne Métropole, estimated the envelope necessary for the realization of phase 1 at 34 million euros.

“The idea would first be to build a 6,000-seat grandstand by 2022 with other infrastructure such as a forecourt or meeting rooms,  specifies Olivier Bianchi, president of Clermont Métropole. This first phase of development would cost around 34 million euros ”.

Maybe one day here some of our multi millionaires or billionaires wake up do the same thing here. One can only dream.

Besides the Saputo family of course.

Edited by MtlMario

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to add to my answer about players I have a soft spot for. ZBG is certainly another one. Always makes something happen when he comes on. He would start for almost every team in MLS, but happens to be behind thr CMNT rb in Johnston.

He captained Lyon 2, and was actually a French/Haiti dual that chose us, with little debate.

I wish he had got that transfer to Clermont that was rumoured earlier this year, which would have pretty firmly put him back on the Qatar team.