Zachary Brault-Guillard

PhillyCanuck

21 minutes ago, VinceA said:

This isn't the GC to skip. The Gold Cup after the World Cup is generally the one with everyone bringing their strongest squads.

The one that's historically in the middle of WCQ is the one that gets a lot of second teams.

I think this was based more around the now defunct Confederations Cup.  Countries like Usa, Costa Rica and most specifically Mexico would use their stronger squads for the Gold Cup that would qualify them to Confederations Cup.  They would then use the other Gold Cup tournament (without Confederations Cup connection) to play more of a B squad.

Since Nations League Final and Gold Cup happen in the same summer, there is always the chance of squad rotation for the teams in both. And because Gold Cup is more matches I think that's where we see the USA rotate. Hard to say what Mexico and Canada do (if we get there), because neither are the current holders and will be less inclinded to rotate, I think. Furthermore, Costa Rica and Canada don't really have the ability to rotate much anyways if they want to be competitive with Mexico and USA. Those are the only two teams which can really afford to do so. 

• 3 weeks later...

I will be pretty pissed off if they sign someone with the intent of relegating ZBG to the bench.  He played lights out whenever he was given the chance last year and he is clearly capable at this level.   Plus CFM have so many areas where they need reinforcements more.  If he isn’t poised for a starting role, I def hope he goes somewhere else.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

19 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I will be pretty pissed off if they sign someone with the intent of relegating ZBG to the bench.  He played lights out whenever he was given the chance last year and he is clearly capable at this level.   Plus CFM have so many areas where they need reinforcements more.  If he isn’t posies for a starting role, I def hope he goes somewhere else.  

Trade him to VWFC!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

He was a bit flat as were many other starters. The whole team looked rusty, but it's game 1.

Rusty? Or exhausted from the marathons Losado has them running? It's early, i dunno, but moral, tempo and enthusiasm doesn't seem very high in what i've seen and read considering its the start of a new season.

Hope i'm wrong.

Edited by costarg

15 minutes ago, costarg said:

Rusty? Or exhausted from the marathons Losado has them running? It's early, i dunno, but moral, tempo and enthusiasm doesn't seem very high in what i've seen and read considering its the start of a new season.

Hope i'm wrong.

Yeah, that’s been something I’ve been thinking about too. I’m keeping an open mind for now- I think it was Rea (?) who said that he instantly yelled with Losado’s style, so maybe it depends on the group they have. 

regardless, if there’s a “silver lining” to this, if true, it’s that marathon training sessions are probably really good for the players that are relevant to CNMNT (young guys), so even if he runs the team into the ground, at least they’ll be ready for camp poutine!

20 minutes ago, costarg said:

Hope i'm wrong.

Montreal created chances, they just couldn't finish. Between Quioto and Sunusi they had at least 2 good opportunities in addition to the saves by Miami's keeper. I don't know about the training sessions, but perhaps not sharp vs rusty is a better description of their play. Pantemis created issues for himself by punching the ball back to Miami players, their back 3 did not have a strong game, Lassi Lappalainen and ZBG who were great on  attack last season were not generating much....but it's game 1 of a long season

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont get how Herrera starts ahead of him. He did more in the first 5 minutes of coming on than Herrera did prior. This isn't the first game that has been the case either. I get that he might lack the on defensive side a bit, but Montreal struggles offensively. The rwb isn't going to be a game changer defensively like it can be going forward.

• 2 weeks later...