Zachary Brault-Guillard

PhillyCanuck

1 minute ago, costarg said:

This guy is on fire and wants to go to Qatar.  Has anyone in CANMNT or on the cusp of CANMNT come close to staking this kind of a claim for an invite?  This guy is playing on a whole different level AS A WB!  5 goals and 2 assists in under 500 minutes.

Corbeanu is the only other one I can think of

I know he’s put up good numbers when he’s played and it’s nice he’s got a couple goals in the past couple games but he’s played 135 minutes for Montreal since the beginning of July.  That’s 1 full game and 1 half of game time in 2.5 months.  So a part of me is surprised with the calls for him to be included at Qatar.
I wouldn’t mind him taking one of the last spots in Qatar and it’s possible given how thin we are at outside backs right now. 

It’s honestly a bit of a shame that Johnston ended up there because I believe that ZBG would be up there as a top MLS outside back alongside Johnston and Laryea.

It’s just hard to imagine a player being called for Canada with such few minutes.  I mean Doneil Henry is 4th choice at TFC and has more minutes in 3 weeks with TFC than ZBG has with Montreal these past 3 months.

Edited by Corazon

14 minutes ago, Corazon said:

It’s just hard to imagine a player being called for Canada with such few minutes.  I mean Doneil Henry is 4th choice at TFC and has more minutes in 3 weeks with TFC than ZBG has with Montreal these past 3 months.

Are we just counting minutes, or are we watching the actual games?  Because my eyes have seen a stark disparity in terms of quality of play between ZBG & Henry recently.  (yeah, yeah, sample size, blah, blah, blah) 

That should probably count for something.

56 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Are we just counting minutes, or are we watching the actual games?  Because my eyes have seen a stark disparity in terms of quality of play between ZBG & Henry recently.  (yeah, yeah, sample size, blah, blah, blah) 

That should probably count for something.

I can assure you that I wasn’t making an argument for Henry to be included over ZBG if that’s what you were thinking.  It had nothing to do with the quality of play between them.  It was a comparison of two players not playing a lot of minutes this summer.

ZBG hasn’t really put a foot wrong when he has played.

Edited by Corazon

It will be very interesting if ZBG keeps scoring. His form is unreal for a guy who has been benched so often. But you know, he's been solid ever since I can remember. Really, he was displaced by Johnston. While that move was welcomed, it definitely messed with ZBG's progress. I think he has the potential to play at a very high level. This Montreal roster is stacked with quality Canadian players. 

As good as ZBG has been the past 2 games (103) minutes.  He hadn't featured in 7 of the previous 12 games for Montreal dating back to June.

Minutes played in July - 20 minutes out of 5 games

Minutes played in August - 72 minutes out of 5 games

Minutes played in September - 128 minutes our of 4 games

I think we are all discussing ZBG because he's looked fantastic in the last two games he's played but those numbers don't scream for inclusion.  I full expect him to be a regular inclusion for Canada in the coming years. 

The final roster spot for Brym was also more likely because this camp is based in Europe whereas if this camp was in North America, you might see a ZBG/Edwards for Brym replacement.

Edited by Corazon