Zachary Brault-Guillard

PhillyCanuck

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

At work, and missed what took place.

How serious did it look?

Out for months? 

He went down initially with what what looked like outside knee pain. Got treatment and came back on then went down again. Asked for a stretcher. Looked in a lot of pain. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Good for him. Harsh he has been on the outside but sign of the times. Maybe Laryea has been released to go back to Forest for the weekend?

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything from Laryea that would suggest he's abandoning this Canada project. He seems very committed. 

30 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything from Laryea that would suggest he's abandoning this Canada project. He seems very committed. 

I don't think it's a matter of "abandoning" the project, it's a matter of rotating the player out to get him going at his club. It's similar for Piette, Johnston and Miller who appear to be headed back to the MTL training camp, with ZBG headed the other direction, presumably to cover for Richie.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:50 AM, VinceA said:

Makes sense, but then again, why wasn't he simply on the team the whole time?

Maybe the CSA got a coupon code or something yesterday.

For what it's worth, Kristian Jack said the other day that Herdman likes 23 player squads for training logistics. The example he gave was when you have an 11 v 11 in training, you don't have anyone sitting around doing nothing (except the 3rd keeper I suppose). So it keeps everyone involved and engaged.

12 minutes ago, Kent said:

For what it's worth, Kristian Jack said the other day that Herdman likes 23 player squads for training logistics. The example he gave was when you have an 11 v 11 in training, you don't have anyone sitting around doing nothing (except the 3rd keeper I suppose). So it keeps everyone involved and engaged.

Great reason, but give me something else. 

1 hour ago, Kent said:

The counter to the notion of just bringing 23 is that if you down a player or two , 11v11 in training is no longer possible. But then having someone kicking around like Cristian Campagna kicking around solves that problem. These three game windows have also great changed the dynamic of each round too. 

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I wonder if he is still in Nancy's longer term plans.  If he is just a bench guy, would they package him in a move for allocation?

I think it's more about Lassi earning a chance and Choniere being versitile and continuing to impress on both sides of the field than Brault-Guillard falling out of favour. There are lots of games for Montreal so I think it's too soon to be talking about shipping him out.

Edited by Obinna

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

I think it's more about Lassi earning a chance and Choniere being versitile and continuing to impress on both sides of the field than Brault-Guillard falling out of favour. There are lots of games for Montreal so I think it's too soon to be talking about shipping him out.

But with that, he is surplus to requirements at the moment but imo a good fit and asset for other MLS teams, so I could see him moved elsewhere in order to get another player who fills a need.