Doneil Henry

Coramoor

15 hours ago, Ansem said:

I dont appreciate being called stupid.

A couple of bad results? What part of "deja vu" you dont seem to understand?

I didn't say he shouldn't be in the team, but starting? I'm not convinced

One guy's in Championship, the other at TFC and older... Herman talks about Tomori, not Henry,

dumb example really

If you think "this board" means you personally, then maybe you do have a small maybe pretty minor, but clear comprehension problem, Ansem.

Anyways, you are calling for youth. That video is a good example of it.

• 3 months later...

http://ow.ly/Ak0x30mKEtf

Option picked up by the Whitecaps along with Levis, Norman Jr, and melvin

Other canadians include: de Jong, Teibert, Baldisimo, and colyn 

The following 17 Whitecaps FC players are currently under contract for the 2019 season:

Goalkeeper (1): Sean Melvin
Defenders (5): Marcel de Jong, Doneil Henry, Brett Levis, Jake Nerwinski, Kendall Waston
Midfielders (8): Michael Baldisimo, Simon Colyn, Felipe, Efrain Juarez, Nicolas Mezquida, David Norman Jr., Yordy Reyna, Russell Teibert
Strikers (3): Theo Bair, Anthony Blondell, Erik Hurtado

Time for Dos Santos to get to work! 

14 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

Do Santos has almost a clean slate to start with. Even though I'm a TFC fan I hope he can get them back on track. Fantasy move would be bringing in Leutwiler as GK

Didn't think about about bet yes, that would be a major signing. 

I have a lot of confidence in Dos Santos, but he has to work within the MLS-framework though which is a complicating factor. 

• 4 months later...

Played an absolute barnstormer. Crepeau not far behind. Teibert had some nice moments. Good to see Levis back on the bench, Giro is so terrible he might have a shot in his preferred winger role!

All that Canada back patting aside we looked fucking dreadful! Mid still looks uninspiring, Montero didn't yet change into a completely different player able to play the role the tactics are asking of him and the team is in general uninspiring coming forward and shaky in possession. Will take a point as its better than anything else this season!

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Is it just me or does Henry look like he has significantly improved his skill on the ball?

I think he has always had the cavalier in him for bringing out the ball. The problem is when he gets dispossessed and then the clumsy error prone rhetoric comes back into play. 

I'd say he is growing in confidence with consistent game time and belief from his coach. What happens next is the litmus test to see if he has really matured, mentally changed and cut out the previous usual errors. 

At the end of the day you wont find many of the worlds best defenders going games upon games without the odd clanger. While Henry is still worlds away from that group he automatically gets tarred from his previous mistakes. 

While he is getting great game time and playing like this he is an automatic starter for Canada imo.

I thought Henry had some huge blocks last night, especially late against Rudiaz.  There's always an air of desperation with his clearances but he did the job

The biggest thing for him going forward is to trust the guys around him to do their jobs and so he can concentrate on his.  He's playing down the left CB channel and thus he has to use his weaker left foot more, so no one should expect him to become Ruud Krol with his forward passing.  But as long as he keeps making the right decisions, like in the second half last night backing off on dangerous contact in the box near the by-line instead of diving in and inviting a penalty call, he'll be fine.  You don't need the spectacular, highlight reel play all the time (though he had a few last night), just the right play at the right time. 

On 3/31/2019 at 9:03 AM, baulderdash77 said:

Henry has become Canada’s best CB over the past 18 months.  I just hope he stays healthy.

He was a pretty consistent CMNT starter as a 20 year during his TFC days 5-6 years ago.  And our CB situation has only gotten worse.  I sure hope he keeps this up and he can anchor our gold cup winning squad this summer.  ?

18 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

That team wasn't built to play on that field.... Which effects the chemistry. 

Exactly, even Dos Santos has learnt this quickly and is now quickly making the proper adjustments.

Started the season really wanting to hold possession and play out from the back. Simply not the easiest task on that field, that's for sure, is what it is. I think he's making the right tactical/strategy adjustments and when players start gelling, squad will do much better. I like their roster and he's one of my favorite Canadian managers, I'm sure he will figure it out :).