Doneil Henry

Coramoor

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I dont get that at all.  He played the last 3 years in NASL, now doing well in USL, CPL wont be any better than the USL in year 1 or 2.  He is fit and match ready now, a mature presence with years of MLS/NASL experience.  Ansem you dont trust Henry, Jakovic is a marginal MLS player, as was Vittoria, and playing some of the youngsters is just downright scary.  Why wouldnt we be back to looking at guys like Attakora or Hainault??  Unless you think we should just turn the page on the older guys and move on.  Which might not be a bad strategy, but then your back to playing Henry or James and 1 of the youngsters (Cornelius, Kapor Sadiki etc).  

A lot of people forget that Kapor is 27 years old. Its probably because he has like 60 pro games played and most of them are at USL level. It says more about our CB depth that he was ever in the picture then it does about his ability unfortunately...

8 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

We are so weak at CB it’s bad

Jakovic  (old and slow),

Vitoria (Not playing in Poland)

Edgar (Injured for one year and has played 5 games this season), 

Straith Playing in 3rd Division of Germany 

and then there’s Oh Henry 

But Celtic are HIGH on Emile Legault....wait for it....

CENTRE BACK?

Report: Celtic set to sign highly-rated Canadian defender Emile Legault

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/09/do-report-celtic-set-to-sign-highly-rated-canadian-defender-emil/

Scottish Premiership champions Celtic handed a trial to former Auxere centre-back ? Legault and it seems he impressed.

And it seems that Legault has done enough to convince Celtic to snap him up on a permanent basis. A centre-back by trade, he can also play at right-back and was part of the Canada U21 side that finished sixth at the recent Toulon Tournament.

13 minutes ago, Ansem said:

But Celtic are HIGH on Emile Legault....wait for it....

CENTRE BACK?

Report: Celtic set to sign highly-rated Canadian defender Emile Legault

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/09/do-report-celtic-set-to-sign-highly-rated-canadian-defender-emil/

Scottish Premiership champions Celtic handed a trial to former Auxere centre-back ? Legault and it seems he impressed.

And it seems that Legault has done enough to convince Celtic to snap him up on a permanent basis. A centre-back by trade, he can also play at right-back and was part of the Canada U21 side that finished sixth at the recent Toulon Tournament.

While I have only briefly seen him, I feel as though Legault is much better suited at right back. He's young, but doesn't seem very big or strong, and in the Toulon he seemed creative and quick going forward with the ball. He kinda looks like Fraser Aird when he was stuck back there, but with a bit better vision for 1 on 1 defending,

19 hours ago, admin said:

I don't see what choice he had last night. It was unfortunate, own goals happen. 

What choice he had, the guy has been doing crap like this as long as I can remember, defenders are like surgeons they have to almost be mistake free , a surgeon makes one mistake and it can cost a life , I know I’m being overly dramatic here compare a defender to a surgeon lol, but soccer is such a low scoring game and usually it’s just the one goal that decides games unfortunately, you can be having a mistake free game and then make that one bonehead mistake and that’s all you will be remembered for, and unfortunately as a defender Henry’s career has been full of them and everytime it happens the same people come on here to defend this guy , sorry but I more or less gave up on this guy a long time ago and it’s just a matter of time before people are on here defending his next brain fart lol. Moreover, I just went and had a look at that own goal, how can anyone try to take the blame away from this guy on that play , that is bloody atrocious, why does he even try to head that ball in the first place? It’s a low cross , why does he lower his head and try to head a bloody ball that is coming across his body at such a level, it’s at a perfect level to just kick it in the stands or kick it wherever away from the net!

Edited by 1996

4 hours ago, 1996 said:

What choice he had, the guy has been doing crap like this as long as I can remember, defenders are like surgeons they have to almost be mistake free , a surgeon makes one mistake and it can cost a life , I know I’m being overly dramatic here compare a defender to a surgeon lol, but soccer is such a low scoring game and usually it’s just the one goal that decides games unfortunately, you can be having a mistake free game and then make that one bonehead mistake and that’s all you will be remembered for, and unfortunately as a defender Henry’s career has been full of them and everytime it happens the same people come on here to defend this guy , sorry but I more or less gave up on this guy a long time ago and it’s just a matter of time before people are on here defending his next brain fart lol. Moreover, I just went and had a look at that own goal, how can anyone try to take the blame away from this guy on that play , that is bloody atrocious, why does he even try to head that ball in the first place? It’s a low cross , why does he lower his head and try to head a bloody ball that is coming across his body at such a level, it’s at a perfect level to just kick it in the stands or kick it wherever away from the net!

Question is.... who would you want as your Doctor?   I think I would still pick Henry

Image result for dr nick meme

That was a very difficult ball he was dealing with and he had a good game up to that point. If he missed that header and the ball got through to the TFC player I better people wouldn’t be as hard on him. He made some great tackles during the game and with 10 men the whitecaps were soaking up a lot of pressure. If it we jakovic playing in that game I don’t see him doing any better. An own goal like that isn’t any worse than having someone just run by you and score IMO. 

33 minutes ago, Craig11rm said:

That was a very difficult ball he was dealing with and he had a good game up to that point. If he missed that header and the ball got through to the TFC player I better people wouldn’t be as hard on him. He made some great tackles during the game and with 10 men the whitecaps were soaking up a lot of pressure. If it we jakovic playing in that game I don’t see him doing any better. An own goal like that isn’t any worse than having someone just run by you and score IMO. 

Sorry but that is an atrocious own goal look at it again no need to try and head a ball when it’s coming to you at that level, it’s harder to try and head that thing than kick it come on!

I feel bad for the guy.. not one person from either side said a thing to him (that I could see) ... that’s not leadership.  You need Doneil on his game down the stretch and I feel like he gets very little respect for the quality he is. Like I see the caps going after Dominguez that Salvadoran and they’re saying “oh good waston needs a partner” like what?? How is this kid near Henry?  He’s an established MLS center back who is only 25 and he gets injured or shit on all the time.  

Sure much of it is his doing but that upset me even as a tfc fan to see the lack of teammate support for him. 

Luckily he’s a very strong character. 

Edited by Keegan

Great post about own goals being "team play".....

People forget "own goals" are often created by overall team play. 6 games into La liga last year.... Here are #1&#2 top scorers for Barcelona.

#1- Messi 9 goals.

#2 - own goals, 3 goals.

The comment how a CB needs to be perfect like a surgeon is a head scratcher. The best defenders in the world have conceeced own goals, I promise you Spain,Portugal,Italy, France are still calling them to their national team.... They happen, is what it is.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

I feel bad for the guy.. not one person from either side said a thing to him (that I could see) ... that’s not leadership.  You need Doneil on his game down the stretch and I feel like he gets very little respect for the quality he is. Like I see the caps going after Dominguez that Salvadoran and they’re saying “oh good waston needs a partner” like what?? How is this kid near Henry?  He’s an established MLS center back who is only 25 and he gets injured or shit on all the time.  

Sure much of it is his doing but that upset me even as a tfc fan to see the lack of teammate support for him. 

Agreed. I'm not a crazy TFC guy, but I did find it super classy on ricketts part and the rest of TFC players, not celebrating, just my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

Only saw the game on TV but I did see one of the Caps from the bench go right to him after the whistle blew.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:41 AM, Craig11rm said:

Apart from the fact that the keeper behind him, who had a total vision of the play, had to help. And he didn't, he was silent. That had to be a huge "Clear!", or "leave it", but he was just as undecisive, and he was out of position, off his line, half "helping" and half not. 

If you have a keeper who has character you can eliminate a doubt, as a verbal message usually works wonders for a defender under pressure. 

As for the TFC fans who had the nerve to post that the ball should never have made it in, because no one was pressuring the sender, playing with ten men deep into stoppage time--well the pure stupidity amazes me.

23 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Agreed. I'm not a crazy TFC guy, but I did find it super classy on ricketts part and the rest of TFC players, not celebrating, just my opinion. 

But they did celebrate and fairly significantly. Not as if someone had scored it, but still.

You were not in the stadium I take it. But I understand the need to come up with this super classy stuff for a team that was nothing of the sort.

On 8/10/2018 at 7:14 PM, apbsmith said:

Great post about own goals being "team play".....

People forget "own goals" are often created by overall team play. 6 games into La liga last year.... Here are #1&#2 top scorers for Barcelona.

#1- Messi 9 goals.

#2 - own goals, 3 goals.

The comment how a CB needs to be perfect like a surgeon is a head scratcher. The best defenders in the world have conceeced own goals, I promise you Spain,Portugal,Italy, France are still calling them to their national team.... They happen, is what it is.

The sum total of TFC fan posting on this board is head scratching, the fun they have overblowing anything at BMO and dissing everyone else, such stylized ignorance coming from so many of them.

Feel really bad for him especially after his time here and elsewhere in Europe.

Not sure what has been said but needs a shout and a claim from the keeper while Doneil just stays big and in between the man and the ball.  The defending player facing outfield should always take initiative vs. one facing the goal. 

Of course, easy to say sitting here.