Coramoor

Doneil Henry

42 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Off to Sheffield Wednesday. He is more likely to get a shot in a lower league than the Premier League.

Edit: Could be a Prem team if they win the playoff.

I wouldn't trust that source at all. If you looked just after you see that they have signed Donnaruma and Mbappé and sold Andy Carroll to Inter. 

Edited by Blackdude

5 hours ago, shermanator said:

And we will have yet another year of hoping Henry gets a loan to a league with a lower calibre of play, and doesn't get injured.

The loan is pretty much guaranteed, it's the injury part that concerns me.

Found this article on West Ham https://realsport101.com/news/sports/football/west-ham-slaven-bilic-can-create-europa-league-chasing-side/

They talk about Henry as a player who should be sold this summer.

"Doneil Henry is another player that the London Stadium should be looking to move on this summer. He once looked like a player with a very high potential, but now does not look like he is near to reaching that. Now could be the right time to sell before his value starts to decline."

I'm sorry but Doneil Henry is absolutely awful! I got nothing but bad memories of him getting red carded and costing us penalty shots in key matches. He also made WAY too many mistakes. He's not a guy you can rely on to be your starting Centre-Back 

i used to think he was the future and all but hasn't done very well in England and I hope he doesn't return to CMNT 

28 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

I'm sorry but Doneil Henry is absolutely awful! I got nothing but bad memories of him getting red carded and costing us penalty shots in key matches. He also made WAY too many mistakes. He's not a guy you can rely on to be your starting Centre-Back 

i used to think he was the future and all but hasn't done very well in England and I hope he doesn't return to CMNT 

When did this happen?

And as far not doing very well in England, on what do you base that?

He had 2 reds and 18 yellows in 4 years of MLS.  Thats not insane but not great.

I recall a couple of his hand balls costing TFC as well. 

More recently, he fouled for a penalty to Mexico in WCQ, so he did his rep no favours there.

If he gets released, who would take a chance on him given his lack of track record in europe and history of injury?  

9 competitive matches in the last 3 years pretty much sums up.

Hes been injury prone, and no matter how much potential he may have had, there is no team in the Premier League will keep the faith that long. I wish him luck, but unless there is a drastic change I fear he is bound for football purgatory in some lower league. 

Luckily, it doesn't seem we need his help right now. Good times for Canada, sorry Doniel

18 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

The CPL beckons for him, and is a place where he can hopefully have a nice long and healthy career.

Maybe to start, but if he can reach even half of his potential he should be playing in a bigger league. I think with his injuries the past three years people forget how much potential he showed for his age. He was physically dominant at 18. He just needed some polish in decision-making and rounding out his technical game - something most young CBs deal with. 

If he can get past his injuries, I'll be interested to see where he's at in 2-3 years. I still think he can have a career in Europe. Hell, maybe the injuries will slow him down a bit and it will help his game. I think an MLS team would take a flyer on him for sure, even on a loan.

If he's healthy and semi fit or really fit , get him in for some friendlies, so he can showcase his talent. 

I hope they add another game for the September window. 

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

When did this happen?

And as far not doing very well in England, on what do you base that?

These 2 responses should answer your question: 

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

He had 2 reds and 18 yellows in 4 years of MLS.  Thats not insane but not great.

I recall a couple of his hand balls costing TFC as well. 

More recently, he fouled for a penalty to Mexico in WCQ, so he did his rep no favours there.

If he gets released, who would take a chance on him given his lack of track record in europe and history of injury?  

1 hour ago, bwilly11 said:

9 competitive matches in the last 3 years pretty much sums up.

Hes been injury prone, and no matter how much potential he may have had, there is no team in the Premier League will keep the faith that long. I wish him luck, but unless there is a drastic change I fear he is bound for football purgatory in some lower league. 

Luckily, it doesn't seem we need his help right now. Good times for Canada, sorry Doniel

34 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

These 2 responses should answer your question: 

So 2 reds in 70 matches is too much for you?

And in terms of his time in England you said he "hasn't done very well," I'm just curious what you base that on. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't hasn't had a chance in England because he hasn't been healthy, unless you're talking about him not doing well in those 9 matches?

Injuries have undermined his career to date, particularly with loan spells where he could have been in the "shop window" outside the Prem.  I think people fixate on the fact that he is with a Premier League club but I think his future might be with another league, like Championship or League One in the England or Scandinavia.  Hopefully he can put the injuries behind him and get his career back on track.

Edited by BearcatSA

2 hours ago, Vince193 said:

The CPL beckons for him, and is a place where he can hopefully have a nice long and healthy career.

Really? You dont even think he can cut it in MLS anymore? 

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So 2 reds in 70 matches is too much for you?

And in terms of his time in England you said he "hasn't done very well," I'm just curious what you base that on. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't hasn't had a chance in England because he hasn't been healthy, unless you're talking about him not doing well in those 9 matches?

If he had done well in those 9 matches they'd hardly be looking at shipping him out. He is young. If he were also good they would most certainly be trying to develop that. I'm sure he's not on big money (!) so it would make a lot of sense to try to develop him if he were worth the effort.

I remember him getting really good reviews for his play with Blackburn in the Championship but then he got injured in the 3rd game which was the start of his 3 years of injury. When you have such a record of injury it is hard to get teams to take a chance on you. If he is still under contract to West Ham it might be his best bet career wise to stay there and get them to keep loaning him out because good level clubs might be more willing to take a chance on him on a loan that they can terminate if he gets injured as opposed to signing him to a contract and being on the hook for his salary if he gets injured.