Doneil Henry

Coramoor

2 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

So has anybody heard anything about Henry? He isn't in the line up for today's League Cup match. i thought this would be the one chance he would get at least to see what the West Ham bench looked like. It is almost like he has vanished off the face of the earth. He can't get playing time, isn't loaned out. . . sad really.

:(

He would be perfect opposite to Chris Mavinga in TFC's back 3. Never should have left. I wonder if he regrets it.

16 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He would be perfect opposite to Chris Mavinga in TFC's back 3. Never should have left. I wonder if he regrets it.

He probably does he has been there for almost 3 years and still hasn't played more then 3 games for the first team 

if he was still on TFC they could've lined up like this 

Morrow                                    Beitashour 

Mavinga Moor Henry 

Don't think he was wrong to leave. Hindisght is 20/20. Don't think there is any player in his shoes that wouldn't have jumped at the chances he was given. It is every players dream to play in the top leagues Doneil got a great opportunity. 

Shame his luck with injuries have potentially turned him into a big "what if" player. Worst case he will return to the MLS and pick up where he left off but with some life lessons and wider experience in the game. Had he stayed at Toronto, even if fit who knows how much he really would have improved anyway.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Don't think he was wrong to leave. Hindisght is 20/20. Don't think there is any player in his shoes that wouldn't have jumped at the chances he was given. It is every players dream to play in the top leagues Doneil got a great opportunity. 

Shame his luck with injuries have potentially turned him into a big "what if" player. Worst case he will return to the MLS and pick up where he left off but with some life lessons and wider experience in the game. Had he stayed at Toronto, even if fit who knows how much he really would have improved anyway.

Agreed and I hope if he returns to MLS it's with Toronto. Again, I think he'd provide some competition with Eric and at a reasonable cost i'd imagine (150kish?). TFC are really lucky Morrow can slot into the back 3, because Nick's injury does put them in a precarious position I think. I was very worried when Mavinga took that knock against LA. 

So, is he still hurt or can he just not crack the roster? Something does not smell right here. If he isn't injured anymore then West Ham would be making money if they loaned him out. If he was still hurt then we would probably see an injury report somwhere.This makes no sense.

It is also impossible to know what his time in the interim would have been like at a different club.  If he is injury prone, he would be injury prone regardless of the club he was at.  I don't know the ins and outs of WHU, but I suspect they have better physio resources than TFC3, TFC, or any other low tier club where he might have gotten playing time (had he not been injured).

On 2017-09-19 at 6:01 PM, Obinna said:

No don't think so I've seen enough of him during TFC days and with national team, and expecially with this years TFC team last night's game not included it was a one off hopefully, anyways Henry would not start for this TFC team and have difficulty making the bench, and before I get all jumped over I'm just going by what I've seen of him during TFC time and with the national team, I've not seen him play for over a year now , however, unless he has dramatically improved no way he can start on TFC way too mistake prone.

Edited by 1996

1 hour ago, 1996 said:

No don't think so I've seen enough of him during TFC days and with national team, and expecially with this years TFC team last night's game not included it was a one off hopefully, anyways Henry would not start for this TFC team and have difficulty making the bench, and before I get all jumped over I'm just going by what I've seen of him during TFC time and with the national team, I've not seen him play for over a year now , however, unless he has dramatically improved no way he can start on TFC way too mistake prone.

He wasnt a clear cut starter before he left anyways, Hagglund was getting some of the starts.  I was hoping for a young CB, alot of those reckless challenges and mistakes would start to evaporate as he got into his mid 20's.  That he would mature a bit  and become a regular starter for TFC and CMNT.  Hopefully he can get back playing and we can see Henry 2.0 and see if his game has changed after years in England.  

55 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

He wasnt a clear cut starter before he left anyways, Hagglund was getting some of the starts.  I was hoping for a young CB, alot of those reckless challenges and mistakes would start to evaporate as he got into his mid 20's.  That he would mature a bit  and become a regular starter for TFC and CMNT.  Hopefully he can get back playing and we can see Henry 2.0 and see if his game has changed after years in England.  

I think he was doing well in his short time in Denmark up until he got hurt.

2 hours ago, 1996 said:

You talking Doneil or Eriq Zavaleta??

Doneil had he remained healthy and actually played regular soccer for the past two years would most likely have been able to play for TFC with the likes of Moor and Zavaleta.  If after a year on loan he ended up playing semi-regularly in the Premier League he would definitely be in the mix to start on the top team in the MLS.  He was over aggressive at times, and he isn't a RB, but with some maturity and fine tuning over in England he could have been a really solid player for the CMNT.  Here's hoping he can get healthy, start playing and contribute at some level to the NT.

• 2 months later...

It appears that Doneil Henry's contract at West Ham expires at the end of this season and that he is still recovering from the serious knee injury last season with AC Horsens

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/10/is-doneil-henry-destined-to-leave-west-ham-for-free-after-just-o/

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/08/three-players-west-ham-should-sell-in-january/

to date he has spent 554 days on the injury list...ouch. Got to feel for the lad

Edited by Kadenge
update

On 12/1/2017 at 4:34 PM, Kadenge said:

It appears that Doneil Henry's contract at West Ham expires at the end of this season and that he is still recovering from the serious knee injury last season with AC Horsens

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/10/is-doneil-henry-destined-to-leave-west-ham-for-free-after-just-o/

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/08/three-players-west-ham-should-sell-in-january/

to date he has spent 554 days on the injury list...ouch. Got to feel for the lad

Geezus.  And he's what, 24?  You'd have to be nuts to sign a 24 year old defender with that kind of record.  Not tying to jinx the man, Lord knows somebody has already got that covered, but wow, that's going to jump out on the scouting report.  

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Geezus.  And he's what, 24?  You'd have to be nuts to sign a 24 year old defender with that kind of record.  Not tying to jinx the man, Lord knows somebody has already got that covered, but wow, that's going to jump out on the scouting report.  

The only way it makes sense is a move to a lower league for a team that is really thin at the back.  Sign him for free, knowing he will have to accept very low wages, and cross your fingers that he can get healthy/fit.  For the right club, in the right circumstances, it may make enough sense that he can get picked up.

As others have said, I am wishing him luck and think he should do whatever can get minutes - assuming he can still get back to a state of health.   Regardless of the past, 24 is too young to give up given his level of talent.

Edited by dyslexic nam

Especially since we are calling a 32 year old NASL CB. Henry already has 70 MLS games under his belt, lets hope he can still find employment at that kind of level.  If his legs/knees arent shot and he has learned/matured a bit hanging out at West HAM he should be able to come back and cut out alot of the rash (young CB) mistakes he used to make.  

21 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

The only way it makes sense is a move to a lower league for a team that is really thin at the back.  Sign him for free, knowing he will have to accept very low wages, and cross your fingers that he can get healthy/fit.  For the right club, in the right circumstances, it may make enough sense that he can get picked up.

As others have said, I am wishing him luck and think he should do whatever can get minutes - assuming he can still get back to a state of health.   Regardless of the past, 24 is too young to give up given his level of talent.

Fully agree.  I am hoping that he signs on a free for a team league team on the continent - such as Netherlands, Belgium, or back to Denmark.  Not sure his career trajectory will take him back to the EPL, but what he needs now is a chance to play at a competitive level where he can also be nurtured.  After a season playing regularly, he can re-evaluate his next steps.

• 2 weeks later...