Doneil Henry

Coramoor

I'm sorry but I'm surprised people still think this guy will turn out to be a useful player for the national team. I've seen enough of him throughout the years that I just don't see it. I know he played on some of the worst TFC teams ever and he was surrounded by bad coaches and players but he was just as bad as those TFC players he played with and it was no coincidence that he played on some of the worst defences  in MLS history and he was part of them. Moreover, has never impressed me with the national team he has to be the most mistake prone defenders I have ever scene I've lost track of how many times his mistakes led to goals for both TFC and country. I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a useful part of our national team and has a good career whever he ends up, but so far from what I've seen of him over the years I'm surprised he is still playing the game at a good level.      

Edited by 1996

Yipes, that is harsh!  A 19-20 year old with all the physical tools that was too aggressive and mistake prone. Hmmm, sounds like a lot of CB in the MLS. He had almost 60 MLS games before we was 22 (the age when the college kids come into the league). When he left TFC I thought he was turning the corner and playing with wiser/older (albeit slower) CB was starting to rub off on him.  Since then he has had 3 lost years and at 24 he needs to establish himself somewhere quick and stay healthy before he is out of the game. I dont think we have seen the best of him yet.  Maybe it will take the CPL starting up for him to find a home.  

Wow !  Cyprus,  CPL. Let's remember West Ham, a EPL team saw talent. Yes he got hurt, but he's only 24. There's  Champions league, Serie B, 2.BUNDESLIGA, RAIFFEISEN SUPER LEAGUE( Swiss), EREDIVISIE,  Scottish Prem, SUPER LEAGUE (Greece), PREMIER LIGA (Russia) etc. 

Even if he stays at West Ham he's training with great players at world-class facilities, he just needs to get healthy and show what he can. Maybe a few games with the national team will get him back. The  El Salvador game would be a great opportunity for him.

16 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Wow !  Cyprus,  CPL. Let's remember West Ham, a EPL team saw talent. Yes he got hurt, but he's only 24. There's  Champions league, Serie B, 2.BUNDESLIGA, RAIFFEISEN SUPER LEAGUE( Swiss), EREDIVISIE,  Scottish Prem, SUPER LEAGUE (Greece), PREMIER LIGA (Russia) etc. 

Even if he stays at West Ham he's training with great players at world-class facilities, he just needs to get healthy and show what he can. Maybe a few games with the national team will get him back. The  El Salvador game would be a great opportunity for him.

I think the cyprus thing was a joke since he never actually played there but was secretly owned by the club lol

On 26/08/2017 at 6:37 PM, SpecialK said:

I assume you meant the (English) Championship?

2nd tier in England = Championship

Highest level of club football in the world = (UEFA) Champions League

Transfer day today. Any word for Henry? I've sifted through the web and the only thing I have seen (all rumours)is that he might be straight up released from his contract after the deadline is over. another one is that he'll be sent to Bristol as part of a larger deal. I hope he goes somewhere soon and doesn't drift into nothingness. 

6 hours ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

Doneil should've stayed at TFC 

its been 2 years

(almost 3 in January ) 

and he still hasn't played for the first team 

thats very unfair tho

in that time he has been on loan 3 times and on each loan, he has been injured in less then 3 games with that club

I feel like the opportunity has been there, just no luck/injury prone

Edited by Bikerack