Coramoor

Doneil Henry

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

I think you meant

Come on @Ruffian, you jumped on that within seconds! I immediately changed it. You're fast.

(any chance you can teach me how to do it?)

1 minute ago, shermanator said:

Anywhere that Henry can get some consistent minutes at a decent level, and not get injured, is a good loan in my books. I think the Danish league is a good spot for him given how his career has stumbled since signing with West Ham.

Agreed. I'm pretty thrilled about this move.

Horsens are recently promoted to the Danish Superliga and are doing quite well seven games into the season (2-4-1, 6th/14). It could be a great place for Doneil to get some minutes, but I'm not sure how easy it'll be for him to break into the lineup given that the team doesn't seem to be struggling defensively at all. In principle though, if he gets some minutes it could be a great move for him since if things don't work out in England, Denmark is a pretty good spot to get your foot in the door.

8 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Official from AC Horsens

Unfortunately, it looks like a short term loan until the end of December. I would have preferred the stability of playing in one place for a full season.

16 minutes ago, David C. said:

Unfortunately, it looks like a short term loan until the end of December. I would have preferred the stability of playing in one place for a full season.

I agree. I wonder if it is West Ham that wants to re-assess him in the new year or if it was Henry himself who does not want to leave the team long term to stay and fight for a spot at West Ham.

Edited by Ruffian

The 2nd part of the danish season only starts in February. If he gets playing time there, plenty of english sides would be interested in getting him on loan with all those games in jan/feb.

Article stating he will be in the lineup for the midweek game

http://www.achorsens.dk/truppen-mod-fc-nordsjaelland-6

Translation:

10th round in Alka Super League offers among other things tomorrow's showdown between AC Horsens and FC Nordsjælland at CASA Arena Horsens, which kicks off at 20.00.

FC Nordsjælland got a fantastic start to the season with a 4-0 victory in Viborg, but since followed two 0-4 defeat by FC Midtjylland and FC Copenhagen.

Since then north Zealanders, however, won in Lyngby, but the last two matches resulted in defeat for AGF and SønderjyskE and in all it's just been to seven points in nine games.

- It will be an exciting challenge and we are looking forward to a tough fight against a skillfully FC Nordsjælland team that has ambition and potential to more than 12th place. They are probably a little mentally affected and we must try to exploit, says manager Bo Henriksen and continues:

- It will be a challenge purely tactical for us, and we must prepare ourselves for that they will try to lock us up. Physically, we are stronger than FC Nordsjaelland, and we want to make it a physical battle, says Bo Henriksen.

AC Horsens should also have an advantage over standard situations against FC Nordsjælland and it may help the lead.

- When we look at dødboldene, so get FC Nordsjælland difficult to solve that part of the game. We have been pounding the effectiveness of our set pieces, and it is obviously a quality we must continue to develop and make use of, says Bo Henriksen.

He has taken the following squad for the clash against FC Nordsjælland:

1. Nicklas Dannevang

2. Doneil Ashley Henry

4. Conor O'Brien

5. Frederik Møller

6. Jacob Berthelsen

7. Mathias Nielsen

8. Mikkel Jespersen

9. Kjartan Henry Finnbogason

10. Lasse Kryger

11. Peter Nymann

12. Joseph Mensah

13. Thomas Kortegaard

14. Jonas Stores

15. Bubacarr Sanneh

16. Delphin Tshiembe

17. Hallur Hansson

18 Jeppe Mehl

19. Kim Aabech

21. Patryk Wolanski

29 André Bjerregaard

Interview with Henry

http://www.tv2oj.dk/artikel/ac-horsens-lejesvend-vil-spille-alle-kampe

End of the article hints that he could possibly play Wednesday

"Doneil Henry has the chance to debut in Wednesday's game against FC Nordsjælland . He is certainly in the 20- man squad , as Bo Henriksen has selected for the match. One player will be sifted out just before the match. The match at CASA Arena in Horsens and kick off time . 20:00 ."