Ayo Akinola

masster

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

If they can make it work I think ayo is worth the risk.

As mentioned by @Dominic94 earlier in this thread, considering the amount of investment TFC put into him, I don't see him going anywhere this year and based on the eye test of what he showed last year, I can't see another team taking on that deal right now (the old Caps "braintrust" might have, but not this regime).

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Without working on his physique, I have my doubts whether Ayo can put together a fully healthy season.

He always seemed gassed, even as a sub.  I don't see the Caps, who like high work rate channel runners and pressers up top, being a fit for him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 2:04 AM, Bison44 said:

He looked sluggish and bulky compared to before his injury last year.  Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt based on his recocery, but if he isnt in tip top shape this spring..ieeeeee.  

Came here to say something similar to this. 
However he has a very important year for his personal career and TFC. 

I think with his salary of $671,875.00 he's sitting reallllllllly comfy for a 23yo who really hasn't done much.
It was easy for Jayden to make that move to Europe because his wages were probably minimally increased, where Akinola might not want to make that move UNLESS if his salary is matched.

So it's an absolutely massive season for him imo.

I think we can all agree that lean muscle is much better for most professional sports athletes.

Maybe it was his dedication to healing his knee and strengthening the muscles around it (and the rest of his body). Perhaps that year off he had little to do and so he just worked out all the time?

I bet his production would go up dramatically though - if he was able to develop more lean muscle. 

On 2/9/2023 at 6:50 AM, Shway said:

Came here to say something similar to this. 
However he has a very important year for his personal career and TFC. 

I think with his salary of $671,875.00 he's sitting reallllllllly comfy for a 23yo who really hasn't done much.
It was easy for Jayden to make that move to Europe because his wages were probably minimally increased, where Akinola might not want to make that move UNLESS if his salary is matched.

So it's an absolutely massive season for him imo.

WTF!!??!!

• 2 weeks later...